Calorie restricting, still not losing weight

Options
I have been limiting my calories to about 1300 - 1400 per day the past few weeks, and burning between 300 and 600 calories from working out. All of May and half of June, I restricted calories to 1200, and burned over 800 a day in working out. Still, I have not lost any weight, and have been the same weight for the past couple months now (with a few fluctuations).

I'm not sure if I should be eating more, or doing something else different. Very frustrating.

Any advice?

Replies

• 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I have been limiting my calories to about 1300 - 1400 per day the past few weeks, and burning between 300 and 600 calories from working out. All of May and half of June, I restricted calories to 1200, and burned over 800 a day in working out. Still, I have not lost any weight, and have been the same weight for the past couple months now (with a few fluctuations).

I'm not sure if I should be eating more, or doing something else different. Very frustrating.

Any advice?

How are you measuring your food? Weighing everything with a food scale is the most accurate. If you aren't doing that, you may be underestimating your calories.

How are you determining your calories burned in exercise? Machines at the gym tend to be quite generous (as in, estimate too many calories) and many of the entries in MFP suffer the same issue.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    According to your ticker, you're 4 lbs. from goal. (Congratulations on your loss!) If you're not losing weight, then you're eating at maintenance.

Open your diary for personalized advice. If you still want to lose, set your goal to .5 lb. per week and buy a digital food scale. Weigh everything you eat—including packaged food.

The Sexypants post should be required reading for all MFPers: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Stopin_da_yoyo
    Stopin_da_yoyo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Bmr?

After inputting ur personal data what dos MFP recommend cal per day???

Without any info it sounds like ur eating too few cals so ur body is in starvation mode and holding onto every cal it can. Just a guess w/o further data.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options

Any advice?

Seriously? 800 calorie workouts? How long are you spending in the gym? Is it possible that it's an overestimate?