For those who lift anddd are 50sh or over....

Options
Are you around 50 or better?? do you lift???? Are your workouts more than a 15 minute video twice a week????? If so I want to add you!! Looking for people who believe they are in their own and not " golden years" Age should not be a barrier to our goals. Please feel free to say hey :)

Replies

• BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • s3xyb3astuk
    Options
    I turned 50 this month. I use body weight and a 328lb bodylastics set to replace the free-weights routine I did up to about 10 years ago.

I do a different routine 3 days a week repeated twice per week.

Day 1 chest and back
    Day 2 shoulders and arms
    Day 3 Legs and core
    Day 4 same as day 1 etc
    Day 7 can be a rest day or aerobic (I do 40mins aerobic on legs days after the strength workout)

3 sets changing from a pulling to a pushing exercise each exercise.
    1st set max 3-5 reps, drop resistance, 2nd set 5-8 reps, drop resistance, 3rd set 10-12 reps
    (should aim to increase resistance on a weekly basis - even by a little).
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I am 51 and lift 4 days a week!!!
  • ntdrive
    ntdrive Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I turned 50 this year. I workout 4 days doing CrossFit.
  • Marnie102
    Marnie102 Posts: 13
    Options
    I am 59 and a women. I BowFlex 2 to 3 times a week. I started Bowflexing 15 lbs.
    I am now up to 30 lbs.
    I work out about 45 minutes. I am feeling better and younger all the time.
  • Agent__J
    Agent__J Posts: 39
    Options
    I'm 53 and feel like I am the healthiest that I have ever been. I was always athletic through the years but never really focused moving from sport to sport. But now I lift, cycle, run and feel fantastic. Everyone please feel free to add me.

JT
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    51, lift 3 times a week, karate twice a week and bike and walk about 30 miles combined on weekends. I like the wall of beer bottles. Thats what my empties littered all around my cellar are going to look like someday.
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    bump
  • brucestjohn
    brucestjohn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. I use to lift heavy (325 lb bench) but that was 15 years and 50 pounds ago. I have a bad lower back but I've recently started lifting again, just doing lots of reps now, not a lot of weight.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Turned 50 in June and I've been lifting for about 18 months. Friend request sent
  • RUNNING_AMOK_1958
    RUNNING_AMOK_1958 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/RUNNING_AMOK_1958

I try to lift a couple of times a week. Not just 'ladyweights' Real lifting. At the squat rack.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i'm 57, do 3 to 4 full body resistance workouts per week and i mix free weights with bodylastics and spri resistance bands for good results. years ago i had big, strong arms, mighty abs and powerful legs, and after some health problem years, i'm hopefully working my way back to that.
  • pjb58
    pjb58 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    55 years old. Lift 3 days per week 90 - 120 minutes.
    Run/walk 3 days per week and Sunday for rest.
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting weights for about 28 years. Im 68, so I guess I fall in the "or better" category? I lift 3 times a week for an hour about an hour (no videos). On other days I walk and do Zumba.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Way, WAY over 50 years. I run at least five miles at least three times a week. I do Crossfit or lift at least two times a week. I play tennis three-to-four times a week.
    Never felt better, maybe, though i do find that doing as much as I do leaves me overly fatigued every once in a while and I have to take a day off. But I am pretty healthy and I think all my activity keeps me that way.
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    51 yr old female, SL 5x5 three times a week, bodybuilding (full body) once a week. I prefer power lifting and have gradually reduced bodybuilding over time to where I do it once a week only because I enjoy it, tbh. Just hit a PR of 200 lbs on Dead Lift, triple digits on Bench, Squats and Rows (Pendlay), still stalled on the military press though. Add me if you like:)
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Bump !