Caloric Burn Circulations?

Options
I have seen some advertising (On this site and others) about arm band calorie recorders. My question is do these really work? And how do they work. I was assuming they detect sweat and body temp along with heart rate?

Im thinking of getting one, just wanted to know what any ones thoughts were on what they may have tried.

Thanks!

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    From what I can tell, those are to wear all day to gauge your total daily calorie burn from normal daily activities, exercising, etc. MFP, based on the activity level you chose when setting up your profile, already calculates what your daily burn is, and it seems to be fairly accurate. If you're wanting something to count calories while working out to better judge what you burn so you don't overeat exercise calories, then a normal heart rate monitor/watch would work, preferrably with a chest strap as those are more accurate because they take a constant read on your heart rate. I have an Oregon Scientific SE300 and it works great for exercise while leaving the rest to MFP.
  • Arlene78
    Arlene78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about this question.
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I think anything you use is just a guide. I would use trial and error when experimenting. I hear bodybugg is what they use on biggest loser. You cant argue with those reults.
  • gkinney3202
    Options
    Yes, I have a Mio HRM/GPS that I use for the workouts and runs, its the rest of the day and night Im wondering about?

Thanks!