Starting over again... need some friends

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Lucy and this is probably my 100th time starting over on the road to getting healthy. I've always been the "big girl" and have never been able to lose the weight not matter how hard I diet! But this time its different, Im doing this by myself not because someone is pressuring me to do it, and Im not dieting Im actually eating healthier. I have over 150+ pounds to lose and doing this by myself means I really need some friends that are going through the same journey and who understand. I would love some friends to help motivate me and who I can encourage too :)

Replies

• RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Every journey looks a little different but as long as we are over all moving in the same direction, the little details aren't so important. Good luck and I hope you can find lots of little things to keep you going.
  • suprangela79
    suprangela79 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have about 100 lbs to lose and am starting over (again) and I've almost always been the biggest girl I know. I feel your pain...feel free to add me as well.
  • thunderwoods
    thunderwoods Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi Lucy!

Add me too, I am on again, off again with the weight loss motivation, but I can sure try!

Both of my "babies" are currently serving their country, so I would love to surprise them with a new physique!

We can do this!!!
  • kellielafrance
    kellielafrance Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Lucy! I am Kellie and this is my first time posting and sticking with a weight loss/healthier lifestyle change ever! I am trying to loose 100lbs myself. I know it is hard thing to undertake, but we can do it. I have going on 72 days with myfitnesspal. I had knee surgery in January of this year, so my exercise program is just walking, the best that I can and for as long as I can. I have lost 13lbs so far! I walk everyday and watch what I eat. I try to eat as healthy as possible. I get frustrated that I don't loose weight overnight, but I didn't put on overnight either. I heard a great quote that keeps me going, "I am not fat, I have fat, just like I have a fingernail, so I am not a fingernail!" I know it sounds corny, but it is true. We are NOT what we have! Keep up the good work, keep trying! I know I do! Feel free to contact me any time! :tongue:
  • madxprofessor
    madxprofessor Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Lucy and this is probably my 100th time starting over on the road to getting healthy. I've always been the "big girl" and have never been able to lose the weight not matter how hard I diet! But this time its different, Im doing this by myself not because someone is pressuring me to do it, and Im not dieting Im actually eating healthier. I have over 150+ pounds to lose and doing this by myself means I really need some friends that are going through the same journey and who understand. I would love some friends to help motivate me and who I can encourage too :)

Heyy Ive had the same problem all through grade school and college, i only lost 56lbs so far, but I understand where you've been and how hard it is to quit the bad habits. ill send you a friend request please accept so we can encourage eachother!!!

much love xoxo -madxprofessor