OMG, blueberries have LOTS of carbs!!

Options
2»

Replies

• ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    coincidentally I am snacking on my jimmy delights breakfast sandwich and 195 grams of blueberries (100 cals apx.). Who cares! Stop worrying about carbs. Eat within your calorie range for weight loss. Get sufficient protein. Be active and workout. Repeat for many days consistently.

ETA: Holy cow zombies.
  • Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Ok I am trying to watch my carb intake, I just logged half a cup of blueberries and it has 21 grams of carbs. Geez this is crazy, if its low cal its high in carbs, if its low carbs its not healthy. OMG sometimes this can be overwhelming, but the journey countinues.:ohwell:

Oh my! Someone send out the alerts, Merica' is getting fat from to many blueberries.

Eat your blueberries.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    mmmmmm... blueberries :love:
  • doublethree
    Options
    1/2 c blueberries only has 9 net carbs and 2 grams of fiber
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    solid necrobump
  • love8383
    love8383 Posts: 169
    Options
    i don't count healthy carbs or sugar (in moderation)
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I wonder how her journey with blueberries went
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,992 Member
    Options
    1/2 c blueberries only has 9 net carbs and 2 grams of fiber

U bumped up a thread started 3 years ago to post your first post saying that ???? :laugh:
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Ok I am trying to watch my carb intake, I just logged half a cup of blueberries and it has 21 grams of carbs. Geez this is crazy, if its low cal its high in carbs, if its low carbs its not healthy. OMG sometimes this can be overwhelming, but the journey countinues.:ohwell:

As long as it fits in your macros, what difference does it make? Blueberries are great for you...lots of vitamins, including tons of C and potassium, antioxidants, and fiber. They're good for bladder infections just like cranberries, and they help inflammation. And you can eat a ton of them for less than 100 cals. Freeze them and pop them in your mouth for a great dessert. Or mix them with Cool Whip Free and squish them a little. They're superfoods, and delicious! What more do you want from them?
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    133097229603.gif
  • Lettee4
    Lettee4 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    they're pretty low in carbs compared to other fruits...
  • KM0692
    KM0692 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    They're also full of antioxidants. :)
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    And the award for necromancer of the month goes to...
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Ya, fruit has a lot of carbs due to the fructose. It's unfortunate that if you are trying to eat low-carb, you really have to limit your fruit intake.
  • MichaelRobinson1994
    MichaelRobinson1994 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    As long as carbs and sugar come from fruit, you have no worries, fruit and veg are the things humans thrive off :)
  • rodduz
    rodduz Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Carbs are not the devil!
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    you need to fuil your body with good stuff so it can function. Fruits like blueberries, bananas, apples and others are so good for you and your body. You should have plenty of them!
  • amblight
    amblight Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I sure would hve been surprised if they were protein or fat.