Plexus Slim - ?

Options
So I keep hearing about this dietary aid and I have really no idea what it is. I have no personal interest in using it as my weight loss is going just fine with a calorie deficit and exercise. But my cousin is selling it, using it, and promoting it all over her Facebook. So I'm a little curious. What is it and what exactly is it supposed to do?

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Promise magical results and make your wallet a bit lighter.
  • shantizzlerose
    shantizzlerose Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm not asking for sarcastic answers- I'm not a bandwagon jumper for diet pills. I don't take anything of the sort because I'm not an idiot. I'm asking what supposed "science" is behind it and what it's marketed to supposedly do for you. (burn fat in some specific way, suppress apetite, is it just meant to "increase energy" etc whatever).
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Promise magical results and make your wallet a bit lighter.

THIS^
  • deksgrl
    Options
    Did you google it?

If there was any diet pill that actually, you know, worked, then nobody would be fat.
  • shantizzlerose
    Options
    Did you google it?

If there was any diet pill that actually, you know, worked, then nobody would be fat.

I did not ask if it worked, thanks.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    It's a MLM/pyramid scheme.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    I'm not asking for sarcastic answers- I'm not a bandwagon jumper for diet pills. I don't take anything of the sort because I'm not an idiot. I'm asking what supposed "science" is behind it and what it's marketed to supposedly do for you. (burn fat in some specific way, suppress apetite, is it just meant to "increase energy" etc whatever).

Plexus Slim has not been found to be an effective product for any type of results, other than spending money on a useless product. However, there is one method that works 100% of the time for weight loss, which is a calorie deficit. A person can also add exercise to a regular routine and can improve their fitness and health.

Is that better?
  • shantizzlerose
    Options

Plexus Slim has not been found to be an effective product for any type of results, other than spending money on a useless product. However, there is one method that works 100% of the time for weight loss, which is a calorie deficit. A person can also add exercise to a regular routine and can improve their fitness and health.

Is that better?

Not at all, because you're still missing the question I'm actually asking. I'm not asking if this works, or if it's worth buying. I'm asking simply what it's SPECIFICLY marketed/advertised to supposedly do. That's it. I'm just trying to understand what my cousin sees in this product. You just want to keep nagging like I'm some idiot who buys into diet trends which is not that case.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Taken from: http://www.bestdietpillreviewsforwomen.com/plexus-slim-reviews-side-effects/
    Plexus Slim Ingredients

This powder has a large number of ingredients and I will list them all here, but only talk about the most interesting ones that actually do something.

Polydextrose.
    Citric acid.
    Beet root.
    Lo Han extract.
    Stevia.
    Natural flavors.
    Chlorogenic acid.
    Rosmarinic acid.
    Hydroxycinnamic acid.
    Citrin K.
    Alpha lipoic acid.
    Oxypregnane steroidal glycoside.
    Chromium.
    Out of these ingredients, only a few are the real active ingredients, which is normal.

The Alpha lipoic acid is the ingredient which lowers blood pressure, but it also has the potential to interfere with medications regulating blood pressure.

Polydextrose is the ingredient most likely causing the bloating some people have experienced.

Chlorogenic acid is the most interesting ingredient and it has also been proven effective in clinical studies. You may also find this in green coffee bean extract. It is unclear if the amount of Chlorogenic acid is enough to promote weight loss.

Citrin K may reduce appetite, but there are no scientific reports on it (was removed in the new formula).

Chromium. May lower blood sugar levels.

The rest of these ingredients do not have any proof regarding weight loss.

Accelerator+ Ingredients

Dark Chocolate.
    Natural Caffeine.
    Green Tea Extract.
    Vanadium Chelate.
    B-Phenylethylamine HCl.
    Geranium oil.
    The only ingredient here which can promote weight loss is the green tea extract, but there are other and better products with green tea. The amount of green tea is also unknown.

There is also a reason to be concerned about the Geranium oil which in fact is “DMAA”. You can read what the FDA has to say about this stimulant here. There are also some nasty side effects casued by DMAA which can interfere with blood pressure and increase it to dangerous levels.

It is a bit funny how Plexus Slim has ingredients to lower blood pressure and Accelerator+ has ingredients to increase it.

In conclusion, I don’t see any reason to buy Accelerator+, especially if you are sensitive to caffeeine.

Side Effects

There are a number of side effects reported by users on Amazon.com. The most common one is bloatedness and constipation. Others have reported side effects such as:

Heartburn.
    Jittery.
    Nautious.
    Headache.
    Dizzy.
    Chest pain.
    These side effects are most likely caused by Accelerator+ which has caffeine in it. You should avoid Accelerator+ if you are sensitive to caffeine.

Unlikely to have any more effect than a mug of green tea.
  • shantizzlerose
    Options
    Taken from: http://www.bestdietpillreviewsforwomen.com/plexus-slim-reviews-side-effects/
    Plexus Slim Ingredients

This powder has a large number of ingredients and I will list them all here, but only talk about the most interesting ones that actually do something.

Polydextrose.
    Citric acid.
    Beet root.
    Lo Han extract.
    Stevia.
    Natural flavors.
    Chlorogenic acid.
    Rosmarinic acid.
    Hydroxycinnamic acid.
    Citrin K.
    Alpha lipoic acid.
    Chromium.
    Out of these ingredients, only a few are the real active ingredients, which is normal.

The Alpha lipoic acid is the ingredient which lowers blood pressure, but it also has the potential to interfere with medications regulating blood pressure.

Polydextrose is the ingredient most likely causing the bloating some people have experienced.

Chlorogenic acid is the most interesting ingredient and it has also been proven effective in clinical studies. You may also find this in green coffee bean extract. It is unclear if the amount of Chlorogenic acid is enough to promote weight loss.

Citrin K may reduce appetite, but there are no scientific reports on it (was removed in the new formula).

Accelerator+ Ingredients

Dark Chocolate.
    Natural Caffeine.
    Green Tea Extract.
    Vanadium Chelate.
    B-Phenylethylamine HCl.
    Geranium oil.
    The only ingredient here which can promote weight loss is the green tea extract, but there are other and better products with green tea. The amount of green tea is also unknown.

There is also a reason to be concerned about the Geranium oil which in fact is “DMAA”. You can read what the FDA has to say about this stimulant here. There are also some nasty side effects casued by DMAA which can interfere with blood pressure and increase it to dangerous levels.

It is a bit funny how Plexus Slim has ingredients to lower blood pressure and Accelerator+ has ingredients to increase it.

In conclusion, I don’t see any reason to buy Accelerator+, especially if you are sensitive to caffeeine.

Side Effects

There are a number of side effects reported by users on Amazon.com. The most common one is bloatedness and constipation. Others have reported side effects such as:

Heartburn.
    Jittery.
    Nautious.
    Headache.
    Dizzy.
    Chest pain.
    These side effects are most likely caused by Accelerator+ which has caffeine in it. You should avoid Accelerator+ if you are sensitive to caffeine.

Thank you. That's all I was asking for. But any mention of diet pills on this website, regardless of what you're actually asking, everyone wants to jump on some "holier than thou" condescending argument.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I'm just trying to understand what my cousin sees in this product.

She sees $$ and false dreams. It's a MLM. She's making money for the person above her, and she's hoping to get people under her on the pyramid so she can make "easy" money herself.
  • deksgrl
    Options
    I'm just trying to understand what my cousin sees in this product.

Why don't you ask your cousin what she sees in the product? None of us can tell you that. Then research the product to determine what the risks/benefits might be?
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I believe it was something originally developed for diabetics to lower blood sugar and then the people testing it found a side effect was weight loss so they opened their market to that as well..

Or something..
  • StacyDaltonTX
    StacyDaltonTX Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm a little late, but it helps regulate your blood sugar - which feeds your hypothalamus. When your hypothalamus is getting ups and downs of glucose, it reacts by sending out mixed messages to your other systems. When your hypothalamus is getting a steady stream of healthy glucose (sugar), then it calms down. Your hypothalamus regulates your hunger, thirst, relationships, parenting behavior, sleep cycles, etc. So, when it's happy, you don't have all the problems that most people have with mood swings, emotional eating, eating for empty energy...etc.

Hope that helps - a result of regulating blood sugar is less eating = weight loss.

Not really a magic pill, but it could help some people if their issue with being overweight is emotional eating.

Also - there are other products like a multi-vitamin, detox and probiotic that help with body health.
  • squirrelmedic1
    Options
    Ok, I have never posted here before but don't think I'm endorsing this. My half sister talked me into buying it. First its expensive and they push lots of products, the accelerator made me sick because I am caffeine sensitive, they push you a lot into selling. I have used only the drink and lost zero weight!
    However, I truly do feel better on it and my fibromyalgia is tolerable when I drink it.
    If you're getting into it to loose weight, don't. Yes a vitamin would do just as good but I can attest that I finished a 5k with this the day after a flu bug, and unknowingly anemic. It's not a cure for anything or a magic weight loss but it is a very expensive way to feel better. I like flavor and my recovery from workouts is better. You will spend at least $60 a month. The worst part is you have to sign on as am ambassador to buy it.
    For the nasty people, don't start. I am overcoming a lot of medical problems and just alone completing a 5k is amazing. Im actually giving an honest opinion.
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Plexus Slim Ingredients

Polydextrose.
    Citric acid.
    Beet root.
    Lo Han extract.
    Stevia.
    Natural flavors.
    Chlorogenic acid.
    Rosmarinic acid.
    Hydroxycinnamic acid.
    Citrin K.
    Alpha lipoic acid.
    Chromium.

Accelerator+ Ingredients

Dark Chocolate.
    Natural Caffeine.
    Green Tea Extract.
    Vanadium Chelate.
    B-Phenylethylamine HCl.
    Geranium oil.

Side Effects

Heartburn.
    Jittery.
    Nautious.
    Headache.
    Dizzy.
    Chest pain.

Thank you. That's all I was asking for. But any mention of diet pills on this website, regardless of what you're actually asking, everyone wants to jump on some "holier than thou" condescending argument.

You asked a question that you were very capable of googling or binging and finding the answer YOURSELF... so do not slam others for saying what they thought, no-one seemed to be rude about it they were just honest, it's not, in their opinion, worth knowing about because it's a waste of money and they did mention you could google it AND your relative is selling it so why not just ask them? they have all the information on it or should if they are a legit promoter of this.
  • aschroeder2749
    aschroeder2749 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My friend has been taking this for three weeks and lost 12 inches. :noway:
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    googleyourself2_zpsb340ae37.jpg
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    My friend has been taking this for three weeks and lost 12 inches. :noway:

That much shorter eh?
  • nikkid517
    nikkid517 Posts: 2
    Options
    Plexus has many different products and they are not all geared toward weight loss and being a magic pill. It is advertised as all natural products and they did recently change the formula for the accelerator.

Slim is advertised to help control blood sugar and cholesterol levels and curb cravings.
    Accelerator is advertised as increasing metabolism and boosting energy and weight loss.
    Probio5 is a probiotic blend advertised to eliminate Candida .
    Bio cleanse is advertised to detox the GI tract and arteries and to relieve constipation and aid in weight loss
    X-factor is the multivitamin
    Body cream is advertised for all sorts of skin problems-acne, psoriasis, sun burn etc.
    Fast relief is a pain relief cream similar to icy hot

My mom sells the products so she has been providing it for me to try. I have used the slim, which I believe has helped me cut out soda and crave more water. They suggest you drink half your body weight in ounces of water per day with it. I never drank water so maybe it is a placebo effect but I now only drink water rather than diet sodas. I have not lost any weight yet but I didn't have that intention from it. I also take the bio cleanse which I LOVE it has helped keep me regular and decrease bloating. I just added the probiotic a few days ago but I hope to see changes in my skin from that. I also use the body cream as a moisturizer on my face and it has helped with my acne.

I did not go into this thinking it was a magic pill and I would never have to work out and will lose 100 pounds. I have an open mind and I believe the products I have tried so far have performed as advertised, and if anyone wants to know my mom is making big money and you don't have to be an ambassador to buy it.. A lot of people that do take it say they haven't lost weight in pounds but do see a difference in inches. One more point is that they say the products work from the inside out so it make take a few weeks to see results but you will feel different.

Hope this helps :)