What type of shoes do you wear to Zumba?

Options
I started exercise classes this week at our local Y. Some of the steps I have a tough time doing because my shoes stick. Are there specific shoes that I should wear to my first Zumba class tomorrow?

Replies

• Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Whatever kind of shoes you want to wear. I wore just socks when I did Zumba
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I just used to wear ordinary trainers, but then i would end up taking them off and doing it in bare feet! I now have some split sole dance trainers I bought quite cheaply off ebay, but you don't need to buy those - i just liked them!
  • Tmgosling
    Tmgosling Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also wear split sole dance trainers bought from a local dance shop. They were expensive at the time, but I've had them years. They're good though for not sticking, turning and jumping
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    whatever you do dont wear shape ups i made that newbie mistake and was called out in a room full of 40 people (hoe did she see the bottom of my shoes?)
  • LittleLazySheep
    LittleLazySheep Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I Just wear my trainers, I know what you mean about them sticking, but mine are so old they don't have enough grip to stick :P But I think it also depends on the floor. I'd just wear your trainer tomorrow see how you go, as everyone else has said you can always take your shoes off :)
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    There are several brands of covers that you can slip over athletic schoes that allow the balls of your feet to slide without torquing your kneees. Slip On Dancers is one. I haven't tried them yet - I was actually going to stop by the local dance store today to see if they have any, but they're available online.
  • mrsmcf
    mrsmcf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    http://www.asicsamerica.com/Shop/Footwear/Training/Womens/GEL-Rhythmic®-2/p/0010171744.3590
    These...they have the pivot circle in the ball of your foot that helps you do the moves without hurting your knees. I have been using the same pair for two years now. LOVE them.
  • lstanisz79
    lstanisz79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your input. The Zumba isn't until Friday, today is SWEAT, so I will have a couple of days to get something. Appreciate all of your comments!
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    There are several brands of covers that you can slip over athletic schoes that allow the balls of your feet to slide without torquing your kneees. Slip On Dancers is one. I haven't tried them yet - I was actually going to stop by the local dance store today to see if they have any, but they're available online.
    One of the ladies in my Zumba class uses cut-up socks that she slips over her shoes - cheaper than the specially made covers, and she says they work great!
  • 2bassets
    2bassets Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I use the Slip on Dancers at Zumba. When we have a song that has jumping in it, I take them off so I don't slip.