MUSIC!

Options
I find music helps me through my time at the gym. I was wondering...what do other people listen to? I would like to update my playlist and I do find songs from time to time that seem to fall into my 'workout' section.. but I could always use help in finding what inspires others to push themselves to get that extra mile in.

My latest find is called "Pretty when you cry" by VAST **warning.. mature lyrics** That is the kind of music I'm looking for to push me to go on when I want to give up.

Thanks to all who reply.

Replies

• spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I like jogging to Bob Marley, so maybe I am not the one that should be answering, lol
  • brstraka
    Options
    I LOVE music when I work out and TobyMac helps me get through some workouts along with the Black Eyed Peas, Fergi, really anything that has a steady beat that keeps moving. I really like NCIS and they came out with an official sound track about a year or two ago and it comes with two cd's and one of the two is a lot of music from Abby's lab and I love to work out to that.
  • alyssa83202
    Options
    Sometimes I just shuffle my ipod, but a lot of the time I end up listening to Say Anything because I really like them and they're a band that I don't get bored with for the hour that I'm on the elliptical. I don't really focus on "workout music" so much as I just listen to what I like!
  • Shygirl301
    Options
    I listen to rap or R&B. Something about the beat makes me really dig in. My favorite song to listen to is "Stronger" by Kayne West. It's a remix of "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" By Daft Punk. REALLY love it. But I completely agree with you that music helps out a ton. Up beat is the way to go.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Depends on mood - my music is 'Our Lady Peace', 'Raine Maida', 'Chantal Kreviazuk', 'George Michael', 'WHAM!', 'James Blunt', 'Holly McNarland', 'Anna Nalick', 'Nick Cave' ...
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    This maybe a little old song, but 'Pedal to the Metal' by Kazzer always gets me going.... and 'The World's Greatest' R. Kelly
    I love new suggestions to, open to all kinds of music!
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I listen to rap or R&B. Something about the beat makes me really dig in. My favorite song to listen to is "Stronger" by Kayne West. It's a remix of "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" By Daft Punk. REALLY love it. But I completely agree with you that music helps out a ton. Up beat is the way to go.
    Awesome songs!
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    First off - Pretty When You Cry - one of my favorite songs of all time.

Secondly, I just actually listen to a local FM station, it cycles through rock, dance and r&b so I get a shuffle variety of everything and it keeps me going.
  • melissa1977
    melissa1977 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I like a lot of mashups. DJ Maxentropy has one called "I Can't Push It" that is fab and makes me push through the hard spots of my workout.
  • JeanMargaret
    Options
    I like all kinds of music, but when I think about running (specifically) I need some alternative rock, something a little harsh, but not HEAVY; something that'll drive me.
    I, seriously, just finished putting some stuff together for my mp3 player. Mostly Christian music, but kick-butt stuff. Skillet's great. Fireflight. Manafest. The Rocket Summer. For non-Christian stuff: Linkin Park.
  • Skye76
    Skye76 Posts: 28
    Options
    I listen to a lot of electronica, dubstep, that sort of thing. I find that lyrics distract me, and the steady, fast beat keeps me moving.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Shania Twain's Come On Over & most anything Mariah....
    works twofold, great music & they're both gorgeous :happy:
  • BrightonChick
    BrightonChick Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Prodigy and Bon Jovi are my running buddies!
    Especially 'Smack My B**** Up' - Prodigy.
  • qkristi
    qkristi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like Pink's Raise Your Glass right now.
  • Boredboytn
    Options
    I just discovered "Pretty when you cry" through a friend recently. It is AWESOME.
  • Boredboytn
    Options
    Shania Twain's Come On Over & most anything Mariah....
    works twofold, great music & they're both gorgeous :happy:

Mariah.. hm.. not my style. Shania I could get into her music while working out.
  • Boredboytn
    Options
    Prodigy and Bon Jovi are my running buddies!
    Especially 'Smack My B**** Up' - Prodigy.

Now that is a good idea. I never thought about Prodigy. WOW.
  • Boredboytn
    Options
    I like jogging to Bob Marley, so maybe I am not the one that should be answering, lol

Yeah.. maybe.. lol.. Actually, I've never listened to Bob Marley so I really have no idea if Bob would be a good work out 'buddy' or not.