Newbie who would love to have some MFP friends

Options
Hello. My name is Cindy. I'm 43, married and I have 4 children from age 23 down to 8. I need to ideally lose 90 pounds. I did it once before a few years ago and lost over 100 pounds within 9 months and was even featured in Prevention Magazine. I let some severe life stresses get to me and I fell back into my old habits of stress eating and stopped exercising. Once the weight started creeping back on then it just snow balled. I'm ready to do this once and for all and last time I did it alone and I know having some weight loss and fitness friends along the way will really help me. Anyone interested? Just friend request me if you are.

Replies

• strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I could always use another friend. I am glad that you loined us
  • jemmajoy
    Options
    Welcome!! you'll love it here!!
  • Skye76
    Skye76 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi, Cindy. Just joined myself; hopefully we can keep each other on track!
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi Cindy,
    I'd love to be your friend!! It makes allll the difference, right? We can do it, girl!! :flowerforyou:
  • macjenkins
    macjenkins Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi Cindy! Would love to add you as a friend and also on my mom's profile. She is also 43, 4 kids from the ages 28 (me) down to 7. She had a heart attack in Aug 2010 and has made huge strides in her improved health. We are on this weight loss journey together. My moms name is aminton1966 look her up.
  • beejae1956
    beejae1956 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You sound so determined, and I know you will lose the weight again, and just pray that you can keep it off. I have done a similar thing to myself, I lost about 73 pounds and now I have allowed 17 pounds to creep back, but like you, I am determined to lose those unwanted pounds. So to you I say, let's encourage each other and be strong.
  • Katybun3
    Katybun3 Posts: 172
    Options
    Hi Cindy welcome. You can add me if you like. We could support each other x
  • jenX1174
    jenX1174 Posts: 154
    Options
    Hi Cindy!

I've been there too! I'm just starting on my weight loss journey (again). You can add me, too!

We can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • Lissette73
    Options
    Hello, I'm Lissette a single mother of 3... ages 18, 16, 14. I'm looking to lose at least 30 lbs to start and let it go from there, I'm open to any advice or help and support. It's great to hear how you have done it once before. I believe in you and know that it will happen again for you. Can I ask where you live???
  • CarrieWard
    Options
    My goal is 100 pounds! I'd love to keep in contact with you!:smile:
  • TriMomSVW
    Options
    I'm new to the community as well. I was doing it on my own for a few months, but think being accountable to others will be a great help in the whole scope of things.
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I've added you.
    I only joined yesterday and AM going to lose the weight this time!!
    Good Luck and welcome.
  • Kristyb1010
    Options
    Friend request sent! I look forward to encouraging your progress!
  • bellydancerj9
    bellydancerj9 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Glad to see yo here, I'd be glad to have you as a friend. To support and motivate each other. That is what this web site is all about.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hello. I live in beautiful Southern California right along the coast.
  • yaafee
    yaafee Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi Cindy! I can use as many motivators as possible. Add me to your list!
  • clingybabe
    clingybabe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I need a friend too!
  • huskrsr1
    Options
    Good luck to you, let's keep motivated
  • leeleeandcate
    Options
    Hi! I stumbled upon your post somehow..not sure since i am still learning how to navigate this site! Anyway i started about 2 weeks ago and would love some supporters as well... Maybe we can be friends?:smile: