Eating after 7 pm

Options
Does everyone tend to not eat after supper? That is when i get the hungriest i think because you are just sitting around, water is the key im sure.

Replies

• praire
    praire Posts: 73
    Options
    Does everyone tend to not eat after supper? That is when i get the hungriest i think because you are just sitting around, water is the key im sure.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    You can eat at whatever time of the day or night you like. As long as you're in a 500 calorie deficit, you will still lose your 1-2 lbs per week. It's a myth that you gain fat if you eat after a certain time of night.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Huge myth,
    eat when ever you want.
    BUT EAT RIGHT AND HEALTHY
    The only thing about that is you do not want to eat spicy right before bed,
    Can you say acid reflux.
    I normally try not to eat an hour or two before bed only for MY digestive reasons. Not because I was told not to in order to lose weight.
    --Diann...
  • BUNNYB
    BUNNYB Posts: 91
    Options
    lol I agree with the spicy!!!! haha
    But did you know that you shouldnt eat COLD things before bed... gives you bad dreams!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    The only good thing is when you use the 3 hour rule: you wait three hours after you eat before you can go to bed. The reasoning is that when you get the munchies at 9pm, you stop to think if it's really worth eating if it means you have to stay up till midnight. More of a mind control technique than anything.

Chew a piece of gum while you read (mouth & hands are busy), spend 15 minutes on a project you've been needing to get started, etc. If you're still hungry, by all means, eat. But if you can distract yourself for 15-20 min, I'll bet the munchies pass!
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    You can eat at whatever time of the day or night you like. As long as you're in a 500 calorie deficit, you will still lose your 1-2 lbs per week. It's a myth that you gain fat if you eat after a certain time of night.

eat light though, the body won't rest as well if it has to process a lot of heavy food. a small serving of cottage cheese, a piece of fruit. even an egg white omelette. that should do it for you.
    arianne, I LOVE the three hour rule, I just added it to my tool box. thanks.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Try popcorn! It's a mind trick, but you can eat a "whole" bag of light microwave popcorn for not many calories and it fills you up....Good Luck! It's not easy....Try to think about how you'll feel in your skinny clothes......it'll be worth all the hunger pangs at 8:30pm.....:flowerforyou:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Try popcorn! It's a mind trick, but you can eat a "whole" bag of light microwave popcorn for not many calories and it fills you up....Good Luck! It's not easy....Try to think about how you'll feel in your skinny clothes......it'll be worth all the hunger pangs at 8:30pm.....:flowerforyou:

Ha Ha Ha! So I should throw out my movie theater butter popcorn? :laugh: 'Cause I sure can eat a whole bag of that... hmmm, wait a minute, maybe that's why I'm here!
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    If I have calories left to spend by bedtime I eat them and go to bed. :bigsmile:
    :flowerforyou:
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Eat whenever you want. It's the calorie count that makes the difference, not the time you eat. As long as you're not going over, eat away. You body will be deprived of food for the 7 or more hours that you sleep, don't deprive it anymore if you have the calories to spare. Although you may not want to eat too much as you may not get a good night's sleep.
  • Perry01
    Options
    it is a myth although everytime you eat your metabolism slows down to use the energy of the food you ate so if you eat later in the night and go to sleep you are sloweing your metabolism down while sleeping