Smiling right now :-)

Options
karenjoy
karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
Hello all you lovely people, I am a very happy bunny right now. Although I shouldn't be as our washing machine has decided that it doesn't like it's job so much and wants to do something different with it's life at the moment, maybe being a door stop or something in the city..

So Hubby and I went to the local Currys (UK electrical superstore) to take a look at washing machines, when we were there my husband noticed that one of the salesmen is an ex boyfriend of our oldest Daughter, a nice chap who we got on well with when they dated about 4 years ago. So being a friendly guy, he walks over and says hello, I then go over and say hello too and he says 'oh my god! I didn't know that was you! I didn't even recognise you! You have lost so much weight, you look great!'

tada

Happy me!!!

Don't care about the washing machine being a diva, or that it is going to cost us money we really don't have, I feel fabulous!!!

Replies

• daniwynn
    Options
    Hello all you lovely people, I am a very happy bunny right now. Although I shouldn't be as our washing machine has decided that it doesn't like it's job so much and wants to do something different with it's life at the moment, maybe being a door stop or something in the city..

So Hubby and I went to the local Currys (UK electrical superstore) to take a look at washing machines, when we were there my husband noticed that one of the salesmen is an ex boyfriend of our oldest Daughter, a nice chap who we got on well with when they dated about 4 years ago. So being a friendly guy, he walks over and says hello, I then go over and say hello too and he says 'oh my god! I didn't know that was you! I didn't even recognise you! You have lost so much weight, you look great!'

tada

Happy me!!!

Don't care about the washing machine being a diva, or that it is going to cost us money we really don't have, I feel fabulous!!!
  • aimibean
    aimibean Posts: 243
    Options
    Aww, that's fantastic! Well done! :D
  • daniwynn
    Options
    That is awesome! I love the quote about being as beautiful as your husband thinks you are!
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Yes I'd be smiling as well, what a lovely feeling. By the way I love your quote about your husband.
    Very well done on what you have acheived :flowerforyou:
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    You are FUNNY! And inspirational! Good for you! You should be smiling!! YOU ROCK!
  • sabrads
    sabrads Posts: 152
    Options
    awesome - that is great - I am looking forward to the day when someone comments like that to me - it will come and come soon !
  • karenjoy
    Options
    thank you!!

The 'quote' is not a quote really, it's my own feelings about this journey. I actually am doing this for me alone, because my Husband adores me whatever I look like, although he is hugely proud of what I have done, and I am of him (he is doing MFP too, in fact right now he is on his exercise bike) and we support each other and I think that is why we are able to do this.

Aren't we ALL as gorgeous as someone who loves us thinks we are? My children used to think I was the worlds best Mummy, so I was, to them. Life is about the people who we share it with I think, and what they think of who we are. It's not about what people we don't know think, I don't care what they think really, but it is nice to get checked out, a boost for the ego, But I was happy when I wasn't getting that too.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Happy for you,, :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • StaceG1986
    Options
    Yay! :happy:
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Your washing machine description was so funny! Thanks for a good laugh this morning and for a great story. Isn't it amazing how just one comment outside your circle of friends can really make your day? You worked hard and deserved that compliment. I hope it affirmed all you have done to get to your weight loss goals, that comment alone is worth more than all the chocolate at Hersheys.
  • karenjoy
    Options
    thank you all for your nice comments and the postive things you said.

I am very happy, I feel that it gave me the boost I needed, having been suffering with an 'almost goal' hiatus and a post Christmas - post flu slump and lack of motivation, I suddenly feel that I should get back on the horse so to speak.

Right, back off to the river to bash the dirty laundry on some rocks.
  • okgirly
    okgirly Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow....amazing!! (except for the washing machine part...LOL)
  • alyssa83202
    Options
    that's awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!