Back again and ready! Need Support and help with diet plan!

Options
Hi, I joined a while back but did not stay. Was not ready. Im back and ready as ever to get in shape and stop hurting from being over weight! My shoulders just started hurting at night while I sleep on my side. Im guessing its from my weight. Im 35 years old and 180lbs. I want to drop 30lbs. Im asking for support because I need it to keep me going on this diet. Im also asking for help on where & what I need to be doing to start losing weight and eating right. I have started about a week ago if that long and Im finding it hard to keep my calories diet at 1200 without going over on my sugar limit. I need to know what I can eat to keep my sugar intake low. I also need help with recipes that are not lowfat (I dont do lowfat), cutting out sugar and all processed foods including those made with grains. I would also love to know what kind of exercising program I need to start on as a beginner. Please help me get on the right path I need to be on:)

Replies

• pathall38
    pathall38 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello, I'm not sure how much help this will be, but here goes....I eat eggs or veggie omlets for breakfast, a salad with chicken for lunch, berries, almonds, protein and green beans or other green veggies for dinner. I've found that things I like, i.e., tomatoes, carrots, bananas and most other fruits (except berries) are high in sugar. You should try to drink 1/2 your weight in ounces of water each day. Seems like alot at first, but you'll get used to it. My initial exercise was just walking, 4-5 times a week. I do not eat pasta or bread of any kind. I did buy Quinoa but haven't tried it yet. There is a website called mindbodygreen.com that does have whole food and natural recipes, but I haven't tried many yet. Good luck with your weight loss and health goals.
  • italiand79
    italiand79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    First I'd say to reassess your goal if you set it to losing 2 pounds per week. While not impossible, it may not be the best starting point. Going too low on your calories now could make you frustrated, and encourage you to give up. Instead you want to start making changes, that then become new habits that you can maintain.

Perhaps adjust to 1 or 1.5 pounds per week. You should have a more reasonable calorie level that way.

Now for my story. I'm 39, female, 5' 5.5" and started at 178.5 on Christmas so 6.5 months ago. (I'd been heavier, at least mid 190's but over the past ? years had on-again, off-again success.) I started out by moving more (use an activity tracker to gauge my all-day step count) and eating for the most part in the 1400-1600 calorie range. I'm now down ~37 pounds. I still eat in the 1400-1600 range but I've gradually upped my activity to make up for the fact that a smaller body burns fewer calories.

What do I eat? Well my diary is open so you can browse. I eat a little of everything really. I weigh my food, and log everything. I aim to get a decent amount of protein each day, some fruits & veggies as well. The rest just fills in as is convenient. I don't worry much about sugar/fat/carbs as they tend to fill in without really trying. And unless you have a medical reason then tracking sugar/carbs is not significant. On the other hand, if you find yourself lacking energy then upping your complex carbs can help there I think.
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Why worry about sugar if you can meet your 1200 calorie goal? I think a focus on calories first getting that down and then looking at your macros might be the best way to go about starting.
  • coach9979
    coach9979 Posts: 2
    Options
    Ok, new to this I lost 100#. Now I have gained 30 back. Looking for support to drop the at 30 and maybe more. If interested add me.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Glad you are ready. I agree that 2 pounds could cause some frustrations.

1200 calories is pretty low - look at your TDEE and BMR to be sure that is in line. You want to be sure you're eating enough too.

Glad to help in any way.

Nancy
  • kristiekay87
    kristiekay87 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I started this awhile ago and gave up! i'm back and ready to drop the lbs. I'm looking for some support to keep me going. My last time on this, I had no support so I gave up. I know I need to do this for me but its frustrating not having a support system. I need to lose about 10-20lbs and tone up. My bf sister is getting married next year and its a beach wedding. I have about 9 months to get my butt, thighs, arms, and stomach in shape!

Anyone looking for a support buddy please add me! I'm here for you! :)

kristie
  • cheetahrocker88
    Options
    Hello Kristie my name is Betsy just started again but having trouble staying in the 1200 cal level. I wanted to see how you are doing I read one of your posts. Thank you.:smile: