Breakfast: Egg and Oatmeal free Ideas needed

Options
I need some help on what to keep eating for breakfast. I can not tolerate eggs anymore or oatmeal have seemed to develop an intolerance. Make me sad. I really miss eggs. I can occasionally do egg whites but only like once a week.

I do not love cearl much at all only as a mix in with yogurt. Suggestions on other fairly quick easy ideas welcome. I dont like to use too many calories in the am but do need enough protein to feel good.

Thanks for the help.

Replies

• OhJen2014
    OhJen2014 Posts: 5
    Options
    When you say you don't like oatmeal, I assume you mean as in a hot porridge sort of way. Consider these:

http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal

They are easy to make, quick to take along and very filling. Good nutrients with the oats, Greek yogurt, fruits, and WAAAAY less sugar than any premade oatmeal packets and such. These are eaten cold....so it's sort of like a chunky yogurt. I use almond milk in mine.

Note: many people like Greek yogurt. I do NOT. I won't just eat it plain. However, in this recipe it's very pleasant.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I love leftovers for breakfast.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Breakfast does not mean typical breakfast foods.
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I agree - leftovers! You can eat anything for breakfast; it doesn't have to be traditional "breakfast food". (in fact, this goes for the rest of the meals, too; food is food)
  • Peaceandwater
    Peaceandwater Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you have a blender, but I like to make a quick smoothie and drink it on my way to work. I use 1 cup of vanilla unsweetened almond milk (soy milk, cow milk, coconut water, use whatever), with a bunch of mixed frozen berries. If I know I'll need more energy, I'll add a scoop of protein shake mix or some nut butter. Sometimes I sneak in half a cup of shredded kale and I swear I don't taste it! I've been doing this most mornings for about a year.

Also, you can substitute soft tofu for eggs to make a veggie/cheese scramble. Don't be afraid to add some bacon to your tofu! Life is too short for rules :-)
  • joepage612
    joepage612 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    When I was a more strict vegetarian and didnt eat cheese/eggs, I would make Tofu Scramble every single day. You can buy the box-mix and add to tofu to make a type of scrambled eggs. If you have access to a shop that sells nutritional yeast, you can make the mix yourself for less cost.

You can tweek the recipe to suit your taste. the picture on the link is less appealing than it looks like in real life.
    http://www.theppk.com/2009/10/tof-u-and-tof-me-scrambled-tofu-revisited/

Its good with red & green peppers, onions. shallots. etc.

You might not be able to tolerate tofu since you have other food sensitivities but if you can, you will like this for breakfast a lot.

If you like sausage ill throw in a link to the only vegetarian sausage that I think is terrific its called gimmi lean.
    http://www.lightlife.com/Vegan-Food-Vegetarian-Diet/Gimme-Lean-Sausage.html
  • BDWhite72
    BDWhite72 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Sweet Potato or Pumpkin Pancakes

100 grams of baked mashed sweet potato (or pumpkin pie filling - whichever you desire)
    1 scoop of whey protein
    2 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp nutmeg
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    3 egg whites

Mix all ingredients, cook on griddle

yields 2 pancakes

top with whatever sounds good!
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options

This is my fav.

Or fruit. So easy- just fill a bowl with berries & enjoy :-)
  • DianaBinOR
    Options
    I love many different leftovers for breakfast.

But if you are feeling more breakfasty - this is really good: http://busy-homeschool-days.blogspot.com/2013/11/almond-flax-porridge-grain-free-dairy.html

It's high in calories, but super filling and high in protein!
  • 031sandy
    031sandy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes

20 grams plain oats, 2 egg whites, 5 grams flax seeds, 50 grams greek yogurt, half a banana, blend these all up in blender than stir in 40 grams of fresh blueberries and pour batter on to hot pan. makes about 4 medium sized pancakes.
  • peanutbutter_runner
    peanutbutter_runner Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been having vanilla yogurt topped with assorted fruit along with half of a whole wheat English muffin with peanut butter. :)
  • ckncj
    ckncj Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Whole Grain Toast & Peanut Butter w/ sliced banana on top.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and a protein latte.
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Agree with above posters. Eat whatever you want. I use to work with a guy that ate chicken and broccoli for breakfast every morning.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
  • Nutmeg76
    Nutmeg76 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Leftovers for breakfast here too. Meat and veggies, fruit with yogurt, mixed berries with coconut milk and some added protein with collagen powder.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Hillshire Farms makes a nice line of turkey sausage -- I'll often brown a couple in the morning. The Skinny Taste salmon patties (see their site) are delicious cold -- I keep a batch in the fridge for when I'm in a serious hurry. And there are always smoothies of all sorts.
  • jamien604
    jamien604 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Slice of Toast with Avocado and some back bacon or ham! I use flax bread(don't get confused with wheat bread where they had a little bit of flax in) the kind I buy has 10 grams of protein a slice :)

Plain Greek Yogurt with blueberries and a sprinkle of granola

Toast with Sliced Bananas and Peanut butter
  • Momfisch
    Momfisch Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thnks for the suggestions they are looking and sounding yummy!