Junk Food Diet

Options
I recently watched a show that was talking about the junk food diet. I had heard of it before and figured it was all B S but after watching I figure it can work because of the calorie in and out issue. Even though I don't believe I would ever do that completely since you don't get very much for what its worth in calories. I do think that it is a kind of relief to know that if you were to eat a little Debbie cake then the whole day is not blown as long as your total calories for the day is still in a deficit then there's no need to get all upset about it and go ahead and make bad choices the rest of the day. As many of us know when we deny our cravings it usually results in a over eating binge of junk food. Merely a suggestion but I believe if you really want that candy bar and the urge to resist is way too strong then have it with several cups of water and move on instead of denying it and having a craving later that might end up putting you way over on your calorie limit. I believe that when you do it will set you up for success and in the long run it will pay off in a very positive way. Who knows maybe after a while your sweet cravings will reduce and you will have longer spans of time between those cravings. Even though I have a long ways to go right now and and it might affect my credibility on any advice just know that I have been in this same spot before and lost 120 lbs in less than a year without some store bought program and I was able to keep the weight off for three years after that. The weight that I have now and working on losing again was somewhat of a decision just to not care anymore and now that I'm back on top of personal issues in my life I'm going to lose it again. I know what its like and my amateur advise is basically to just help and give tips on what helps and has helped me. Good luck to everyone.

Replies

• Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    If you deny yourself may just eat more later.... I agree with the saying all in moderation and this website helps you track this
  • amydcarlson
    amydcarlson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Makes sense to me, too, as far as weight loss goes. As far a eating only junk-food~that is just terrible for your body for so many reasons other than weight! I know what you mean about being able to give in to cravings sometimes. That's why I love this site! I can still have pizza and beer if I want to! :drinker: :drinker: I just know I have to burn X amount of calories to balance everything out! Woo-hoo!
  • kimmyonherway
    kimmyonherway Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post - we all need the reminder now and then :)