I'm not stupid I promise but.....

Options
2»

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Wow I just used this & my BMR is 1360 cals, on MFP my BMR is 1600.
    So glad I didn't up my calories to 1600.

You are likely confusing BMR with TDEE and TDEE-deficit.

Well I went to the chart and next to the letters BMR it said 1360. I don't know how I can be confusing that.
    Then underneath it states TDEE to maintain.

And yet , here on MFP land, the "Net Calories Consumed* / Day" is equal to TDEE-10% or 20% not BMR...
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options

Well I went to the chart and next to the letters BMR it said 1360. I don't know how I can be confusing that.

And yet , here on MFP land, the "Net Calories Consumed* / Day" is equal to TDEE-10% or 20% not BMR...

Here on MFP I clicked on Apps then BMR and it came up with 1600.
    In my original statement I never even mentioned TDEE. All I was stating is that there was a significant difference in my BMR between the two sites.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

In my original statement I never even mentioned TDEE. All I was stating is that there was a significant difference in my BMR between the two sites.

You wrote "So glad I didn't up my calories to 1600."

Why would you up your calories to a BMR level when you should up your calories to TDEE-cut? Not BMR.

You should have mentioned TDEE because one ups their calories to TDEE or TDEE and a cut, NOT BMR.

Hope that helps.:flowerforyou:
  • helenrosemay
    Options

Why would you up your calories to a BMR level when you should up your calories to TDEE-cut? Not BMR.

You should have mentioned TDEE because one ups their calories to TDEE or TDEE and a cut, NOT BMR.

I see, but my TDEE was around 2400cals, so I should be eating 1900cals a day? for a 500cal deficit.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    bump thak you for introducing this http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

I see, but my TDEE was around 2400cals, so I should be eating 1900cals a day? for a 500cal deficit.

That is correct
  • helenrosemay
    Options
    Thank you, I get it now. I've been wondering for a while if I should up my calories (I know today is a low day, I've run out of food till I get my benefits tomorrow) I've been loosing weight, but worried it's too quick and maybe I'm not getting enough nutrients. I think as from tomorrow it's time to try upping my calories gradually and exercising more.
  • bubba_louie
    bubba_louie Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I disagree with his calculator. If I consumed >2000 calories, my weight goes up, and I log chewing gum! I also do not take into account net calories. 65lbs. came off with no exercise all while consuming <1700 a day. After my son's death I put some weight back on and then after a couple of months started back at my journey. Hitting a longer plateau than I've ever had, I used Scoob's protein/fat/carb ratios to adjust and it's coming back off.

32381147.png