XBOX 360 w/ Kinect

togden
togden Posts: 324 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
First let me apologize if this is a repeated post ... I just joined a few minutes ago and I tried to skim the topics before posting but they move so quick I get confused ....

My question ... Is anyone using their XBox 360 to workout? Have you tried the biggest loser game? How do you calculate the game into the exercise tab?

I plan on purchasing the system with the game this week and so I am just curious as to how it will work.

Thanks for the information in advance!!

Replies

• We didn't buy the Biggest Loser game, but we're using Your Shape Fitness Evolved. I like it because you can set up a personal training session and it's pretty easy to follow. The part that I don't like it that it's sometimes hard to be in sync with the trainer.

There aren't any ways to log the Your Shape game, so I usually just log it as the Wii stepping session. It's around the same amount of calories burned.
  • I just bought biggest loser for my kinect, it's only been a week so haven't seen much as far as results (I lost a pound) but I do get a good workout. My only issue is it expects you to do the exercises a certain way and if the game feels you didn't do it right you don't get credit. That being said, the more you do it, the better you get at doing the exercises the way it wants. Overall I like it. I definatly break a sweat!
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    We didn't buy the Biggest Loser game, but we're using Your Shape Fitness Evolved. I like it because you can set up a personal training session and it's pretty easy to follow. The part that I don't like it that it's sometimes hard to be in sync with the trainer.

There aren't any ways to log the Your Shape game, so I usually just log it as the Wii stepping session. It's around the same amount of calories burned.

Thanks for the info ... because I went into the exercise system to look up xbox, biggest loser, and other key words and no success ... never though to look up wii.
  • No worries...
    I have the Biggest Loser Game and Your Shape Fitness Evolved, both are pretty good. Honestly though I enjoy the Your Shape game more. You might look into both before purchasing.

As far as calculating, I use a heart rate monitor when I exercise that also shows cal. burn. If you do not have one, there is a game called Active that comes with one. From what I have read, it works well and displays heart rate info on your tv screen. Having said that though I am not sure if you can use the monitor with any other exercising. You definately need a monitor...

In any case, whatever you decide to use, good luck!
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    I was thinking of getting either the Your Fitness or Biggest loser in a couple weeks. I heard they both "track" your calories burned for you. I would just put it under High Impact Aerobics and input the number stated on the screen...makes it a little easier....at least until you get an HRM. That's my plan anyway! :)
This discussion has been closed.