Any 5'4" 150-160 pound ladies wanting to lose 20-30 pounds?

Options

Replies

• tigerlily_
    tigerlily_ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5'4", currently around 158 and want to get to 140. Doesn't sound like much but man, this is hard! :)
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Will, I've managed my 2nd run of the week! I feel to stay motivated, I have to log EVERYTHING, including if I weigh myself, how I feel when I've exercised and not forgetting what I eat!
  • calcote05
    calcote05 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I just finished my 3rd run of the week. I'm with you....in order to stay on track I need to log everything. I know it works, I've done it before, but this time it's so hard!!!
  • dskubiak
    dskubiak Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently at 151 pounds. I want to get to somewhere around 135, just depends on how my body looks when I get there. My weight has ranged anywhere from 140's to 180's in the last couple years, and for the first half of this year I have TRIED to stay focused and lose some weight. I've lost about half of what I wanted to so far, just need help staying motivated!
  • azrrt76
    azrrt76 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    OOOH me!!! I'm 5'4"/5'4.5" depending on who measures lol. In 2010 I went from 194 to 152 with WW and since then I've been as low as 147 and up to 165. I'm an avid cardio girl but recently had a lower back/hip thing that sat me down for a couple weeks. Its getting better and in the meantime my husband and I have been getting the necessary equipment to start lifting heavy at home. I'm just waiting on the bench and squat rack. I am very excited to take the focus off of cardio and work on retaining some of this muscle while I reach my goal of 135 (or lower of course)! I probably haven't been less a than 145 since the 6th grade?

The other factor is my constant battle with Hashimoto's thyroiditis. This has been an ongoing balancing of meds since 2010 and we pretty much go up on my synthroid a couple times a year and recently added cytomel to the mix. I have been working on my food choices hoping to help eliminate the foods that exacerbate the inflammation/autoimmune response.

My current weight is 157.8 and I'd love to build up more MFP friends with the same goals!
  • Autk79
    Autk79 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me. I started at 162 and Im 5'4 1/2 and Ive gotten down to 152 but I want to lose 22 more. I get on a roll of being motivated and then I slack and have to get a kickstart again.
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Really had to push myself this morning to work out, but finished Insanity :) so sore lol
  • AdventureVix
    AdventureVix Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Me! Anyone feel free to add me too :) I'm 5'4'', heaviest was 170, currently hovering between 155-158lbs, this is my 3rd attempt to get down to 130lbs in the last 4 years...lowest I got was 149. Definitely determined but really need accountability buddies!!! :)
  • calcote05
    calcote05 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to get up early and lift before work, but the rain made my bed too comfortable. I'll have to do it after work today. I will try to get us a group together that is invite only. Anyone have a good name for a group? And if you want to participate, just let me know. We can do weekly weigh ins and challenges and just be there for motivation and support. :smile:
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I would like to be in the group. No real idea for a name, the height and weight thing is our link. Maybe Final Pounds Away?
  • Tiff1124
    Options
    I like that! Seems a lot of you are wanting a group. Never started one on here so bear with me :)
  • Tiff1124
    Options
    How about "Weigh to Go" :)
  • julia_v1
    julia_v1 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and have ballooned to 165 pounds. Help! I really want to lose 25 pounds. I was using MFP 33 months ago the app is telling me and Inwas doing pretty well and managed tomget doen to 153 - aaargh what went wrong! Sigh. If anyone wants a follow for morale support let me know :-)
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I'm late to this party, but I'm 5'4" and my starting weight was 151. I want to get down to 130 (I've been there before and was very happy, but stupid law school made me lose control and gain weight last year). I'm halfway to my goal now. Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • futureformerfatgirl2014
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm 5'4'' and at abot 147 right now, after having lost around 60 pounds. I thought I would be happy at this weight, but feel like ideally I would like to be at 130 or so. I strength train a few days a week, but I love yoga and running, and losing 20 or so more pounds would make both of these activities easier. I struggle witha. Lot of hip pain after running, and wonder if it would be better if I was at a lighter weight.
    I've heard losing the last few are the most challenging, so I would love some friends that's re in the same boat.
  • mariaeli93
    mariaeli93 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'3 and i was at 160 pounds about a year ago and i've been busting my *kitten* off for ever (i even tried completely starving myself for ever which i know is horrible :( so i dont do it anymore! ) but i;m at 123 now and best shape of my life. im looking to lose 5 pounds more and i'll be at my desired weight. the weight loss has been super slow and now that im close to my goal weight my weight barely changes (maybe like once per month) but thats alright. patience is king :)
    good luck ladies!
  • Pinguzaf
    Pinguzaf Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    5'3 - currently 158 pounds.
    Looking to get down to 130!
    this is week 5 and I haven't gotten on the scales yet - a bit scared to really.

I feel tighter and leaner. - I do an insane amount of exercise just got to get my eating in check.
    Would love some extra motivation :)
  • oremus1
    oremus1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    me too im 5ft 3 though. I went from about 169 down to about 160 now my best weight is 110 my goal is 126 then dropping to 112
  • labowser
    labowser Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm late to the party but would love to join the support of you ladies! I'm 5"5" and 162lbs and am trying to figure out how the heck I have gained 30 pounds in 2 years! Would LOVE to get back to my old weight of 130...
  • shmyrs
    shmyrs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and sitting around 155 right now. I've lost quite a bit since my youngest was born (6 months), but I started the pregnancy heavy. I had done really well with losing the weight and exercising until about a month ago. I'm not gaining back but I'm stuck and having trouble getting back on track. I would ideally like to be around 130-135. Everyone feel free to add me....I need the motivation more than anything!