Need some motivation...

Hi, I'm new to this but oh do I need help and motivation! I have about 55 pounds to lose, and MyFitnesspal has helped me a lot thus far! I need advice though... Just how does the calorie-thing work. Do you aim to eat less calories and excercise to lose the weight? *blush* I really don't know... Thanks for this wonderful forum!♡

Replies

• shesaidzed
    shesaidzed Posts: 13 Member
    I also am in need of motivation. I'm on day 4 officially of my new diet/exercise regimen.

I set my first goal, which is to loose 25lbs. I am choosing to do this by walking 3 miles every morning, adjusting my diet to include more fruits, veggies, and less sugar. I am also committing to a smaller portion size, as my most pressing issue is over-eating. Good luck, and I hope you meet your goals!
  • I need to lose the same amount of weight. The way I see it is this: You eat less calories to loose weight, and if you exercise you can eat those calories too because you are already restricting your calorie intake. You want to keep your body in fat burning mode so you have to feed your body enough so it doesn't think you are starving it. My weight loss has picked up a bit since I have been eating the calories I burn. Now, I am not eating snickers or anything....just eating another snack of a good protein and carb. Hope this helps!
  • I am on day 17 and I am a compulsive over-eater. I have struggled with it my whole life. I have 55 pounds to loose. Sounds like we are doing the same thing. I am walking 3 miles most days of the week and eating more fruits and veggies and whole grains and less processed (actually, NO processed) foods. Good luck to you!
  • janeentokkie
    janeentokkie Posts: 2 Member
    It seems we are a few on the same journey!!! Together we can and will do this!!!♡
  • smmiranda
    smmiranda Posts: 27 Member
    Yes! help and motivation is what I also need! I tend to eat healthy in the morning and at lunch then it goes all down hill:) I am a over eater and I just don't stop. I need to lose 30 pounds and keep it off. I feel with this site we all can motivate each other with tips:) Good Luck to all.
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Hey guys! I'm almost at my half way mark. Happy to motivate and receive motivation :flowerforyou: