LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO'S HAD GASTIC BYPASS SURGERY

Options
I HAD MINE MAY 06...IVE FAILED ALITTLE JUST PLAIN LAZY !! PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU DO OR HAVE DONE TO SUCCEED! IVE GOT A 5 DAY PLAN FOR THOSE WHO HAVE HAD THE SURGERY..I WANT SOME TO DO IT WITH ME...SOO PLEASE IF U HAVE HAD THE SURGERY LET ME KNOW...:smile:

Replies

• Bump319
    Bump319 Posts: 17
    Options
    I haven't had surgery yet. I have been approved to have surgery though. My sister had the surgery in February of 2010 and she looks amazing. She's lost 110 pounds. She has 40 more to go before she hits her goal. Me, I've lost 60 pounds on my own and I have a long road ahead of me but I'm willing to do the work.

I think whether you lose weight the "old fashioned way" or through surgery -- it's a tool. You have to work at it to make it work for you. To me there is no quick fix. I know "weight" right now is something I am battling but eventually I will have to manage my weight.

Take it one day at a time. Ask yourself questions, how are you feeling, how are you eating, have you exercised? I would get to the root of why you feel like you've failed.

Good luck. :)
  • sheenabe
    sheenabe Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I had my surgery in Dec of '99, so quite a while ago. At my heaviest right before the surgery I weighed 297lbs. At my lowest after the surgery I was 183lbs. I never met my goal....but I was given my life back!! I was working out 5 to 6 days a week and eating healthier. I was making good choices and felt great. I've NEVER regretted getting the surgery. Yep I fell of the wagon too, I met my husband and got pregnant. I had a difficult pregnancy and was put on bed rest from the time I was 13 weeks along. Then I sepersated from my husband and, well, lif happened. Next thing I know I am back up to 242lbs!! EEK! I just did what I had to do and jumped right back on the wagon that works...exersize and diet. I am now down to 217lbs. MFP is a great place to start. Start slowly by tracking your foods, then start making changes to that. Once you are comfortable with those changes add in some exersize. every little bit helps. I stay motivated by remembering how horrible I felt about myself at that time in my life. My kids deserve a better Mom and role model than that. Once you strt it is addicting and the feeling of wellness is awesome. Don't think of your surgery as a failure consider it a learning experience.....there is no alternative to proper exersize and diet. For me, I was fortunate in the fact that my surgery gave me the mobility, then the motivation to get started.
    Add me if you would like and maybe we can find ways to help you get started again, it is sooooo worth it!
  • kimandallen07
    Options
    THANKS TO U BOTH!!! GASTIC BYPASS ISNT A EASY WAY OUT...ITS A LIFE TIME COMMITMENT.......AND I WAS DOING JUST THAT B4 I GOT PREGO...I DONT REGET HAVING MY SON OR THE SURGERY!!!! BUT I DID IT THEN...AND I KNOW I CAN DO IT NOW! :smile:
  • ncarrico
    ncarrico Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I had mine in January 2008 and I weighted 295 and I got down to 165 but was way skinny.
    I started weight lifting last year and gone up to 177 but still managed to lower % body fat.
    I started using MFP some time ago to track my calorie and protein intake and find it very usefull.

regards
    Nuno
  • fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Me too in 2006....put some on while prego and want to lose a bit more after that...just cause I can LOL. I may change my mind later but gonna try. Add me if you like.
  • fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    But...I do gotta mention...if it's the 5 day pouch test you are wanting to do....keep in mind...some consider it a "re-set" for your pouch....I personally consider it just another fad diet like slimfast or what not.

MFP is the best thing I found when I came across this android app for my phone. I never kept track of my intake before. Never. I lost more than 200 pounds but probably could have lost the last 25 if had just monitored what I was doing. Now I have no excuse to not keep track cause this app is so easy and my phone is always with me. And, I like food too much to go liquids again for 5 days LOL. Even if it is yogurt with blueberries! I gotta have me somethin to chew.