1 year progress (with pics!)

Options
ParkerH47
ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
Hello all!

So the other day I was feeling kinda down about my weight loss. I feel like I've been working towards weight loss for years now and sometimes I just feel like I'm moving at a snails pace. BUT alas, I found my before pic and decided to take an after pic to check for any differences. I feel pretty good about it! Even though its only 15-20 lbs difference give or take I think its enough to post my very first progress post!
(sorry if the pics are big I tried to resize them..)

This is July 2013 - around 178lbs
2e0a313b-903e-4325-8bd4-c031fef493b3_zps108430a8.jpg

And July 2014 - hovering between 159 and 161lbs
1360787d-818c-40e6-971e-9e3cb0fc8e9a_zpsdde4ddf5.jpg

Other stats....
I'm around 5'6'
I did a couple months of boot camp last summer which was the first 10 lbs. Recently I've been riding my bike, hiking, and doing some yoga.
I try to hit 1400cals but sometimes i'm more like 1600. My dedication with logging every bite comes and goes depending on the week but I always come back to it.

Good luck to everyone else!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Nice work and congratulations! It can be disheartening when the scale doesn't move as much as you'd like, but your photos tell the story.
    Keep up the good work!
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your healthy changes, you can see a HUGE difference, you whittled away layers of fat and looks like got some muscle in your legs and flattened your belly! Way to go friend!! Keep at it :flowerforyou:
  • focusedonfitness2015
    focusedonfitness2015 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Love how you wore the same dress in both pics. Definitely shows a difference. You should be very proud! Congrats and keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Great work!! You definitely are making awesome changes! Keep coming back to it!
  • Joyfulkneves23
    Joyfulkneves23 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Huge difference in tummy area. Great job :)
  • Luckyfish72
    Luckyfish72 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow you can completely see your progress! Way to go!
  • ParkerH47
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the kind words everybody :):flowerforyou: :blushing:
  • claudineer
    claudineer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Great job. I luv the results.
  • curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Such a good move to take a picture early on. 20 pounds makes a HUGE difference. And you have the pictures and that is more worth than a 1000 words or our negative thoughts. :) Really smart.

I have been getting busy with before pictures. I am down 17 pounds and feel so different already. I'm obese, 230 pounds, and my clothes are so baggy from losing 17 pounds, and My BMI went down a couple points. I was right on the edge of severely obese! Now I am happily moving down and down the obese toward the overweight :)

And it took work and consistency to lose 20 pounds. You aren't even very big. That is harder than for someone like me. Really good job!
  • Briaboo4
    Briaboo4 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    What a difference! Way to go!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You can absolutely see a change. Congratulations and keep up the good work.
  • ParkerH47
    Options
    Such a good move to take a picture early on. 20 pounds makes a HUGE difference. And you have the pictures and that is more worth than a 1000 words or our negative thoughts. :) Really smart.

I have been getting busy with before pictures. I am down 17 pounds and feel so different already. I'm obese, 230 pounds, and my clothes are so baggy from losing 17 pounds, and My BMI went down a couple points. I was right on the edge of severely obese! Now I am happily moving down and down the obese toward the overweight :)

And it took work and consistency to lose 20 pounds. You aren't even very big. That is harder than for someone like me. Really good job!

Thanks! ya as much as I hated having the evidence I'm really happy I took pictures! Congrats on your weight loss as well!! nothing better than baggy clothes!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!