Motivation Wall (it keeps me going!)

Options
Is anybody else a visual person?

I've found that having something physical to see/track has helped SO much to keep me focused. I think that's part of the reason why MFP works for me. But when I'm not at my computer or on my mobile, I find that having little reminders keeps me going!

I've put little notes on my mirrors (encouraging, goal oriented messages) and in places I'll look often, but recently I've started to build a "motivation wall." I got the idea from Pintrest and it gets me pumped every time I look at it. It's filled with messages that are personally encouraging to me, so I get that it might not work for everybody BUT I wanted to share with you guys anyway! :)

78c230d2-8f59-4d77-97d2-a9028281ca09_zpse18cbca4.jpg
This started with just a way to physically "count down" my weight loss: I put little sticky notes over the lbs that I lost that I've written encouraging words over...

2f2ea65c-bfae-49cb-a168-4d1a9df32938_zps815f7a19.jpg
This is my "work it" schedule - it always helps me to have something structured and planned to stick to, rather than kind of freestyle it in my head! I have to remind myself to drink a lot of water because I'm not a huge fan lol.

Anybody else have a motivation wall? Or have any ideas to better mine? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I don't use one, but I just wanted to say that you have awesome writing!
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I don't have one but I did consider putting little signs up all over my apartment to remind me of what I'm trying to accomplish.. I like what you've done here!
  • alittledove
    Options
    Thank you! :happy:

I edited it to resizes the pics - omg I didn't realize how big they really were :indifferent:
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    VERY CREATIVE
  • Jeffnjo
    Jeffnjo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love this!!!
  • triciabh1
    triciabh1 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Wow, you did a great job on those! I've seen this idea on pinterest and think it would help me stay motivated for working out but I never have the motivation to get everything together and put it up. :laugh:
  • gelar93
    gelar93 Posts: 160
    Options
    That's pretty awesome. I need to make mine one!
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    omg I'm stealing this idea. AMAZING!! Thanks for inspiring me.
  • mbauer013
    mbauer013 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love this idea too, I use Tumblr for motivating sayings and pics, since I get new ones each day then. But your planning board and tracking make my OCD very happy!
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    We have a gym setup in our basement and this would be a great addition! I'm kind of lacking in the motivation department lately and this would be an awesome kick in the pants! Love it!
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    :heart: this idea! I'm soooooo much a visual person and this is perfect - think my office mates are gonna mind seeing fit pics everywhere? :ohwell: Too bad if they do! :laugh:
  • rachswann
    rachswann Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is totally awesome! I think I'm going to steal your idea!! :smile:
  • Ladybug1250
    Ladybug1250 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    oh i'm so going to do this! thank you for sharing :-)
  • alittledove
    Options
    Yay! I'm glad you guys like it!

It's a fun (on-going) project -- DON'T FORGET TO SHARE YOURS IF/WHEN YOU MAKE ONE! I'd love to see everyone else's! :love:
  • Fitasticme
    Fitasticme Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love your idea! It's very motivating! I thought about doing something similar but was trying to figure out where to start. I'm a visual person also so this might help me stay motivated with my goals. I've saved up a few quotes that I can put up there too. Thanx for the idea!
  • crashj
    crashj Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This is really cool! I'm visual too, do something similar but I save all of the pics of my scale progress on my phone as well as keep my friends fitness texts, funny posts and screenshots from FB/Instagram that I found encouraging. When I have a down day, I'll go through them to try and get the spirit back.
  • WandaWoman41
    WandaWoman41 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Wow. Not to get all religious but a scripture came to mind upon viewing your wall: "Write the vision, make it plain so that he may run who reads it"
  • julied0805
    julied0805 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Actually since I started my journey, I have recorded videos of myself, I called it my video journals, I have recorded myself and talk as if someone was watching my videos but no one but myself sees them. I took pictures of my starting weight, and been taking updated pictures to see my results. Its quite helpful for me, I know it sounds kind of crazy taking to myself but is helping me.