Pilates

Options
Has it benefited you?
How often do you do it?

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I do it 2-3 days a week. It's definitely strengthening my core, and making me stronger all around. I also lift, and run.
  • sassymc86
    sassymc86 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I started doing it once a week but not sure if it's enough. Try and do some of the exercises when I cool down from other stuff (jogging ect) hope it's enough.
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    great core workouts.

I do 'em
  • nikkipaige
    nikkipaige Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love Pilates!! I try to do it 3-4 times a week, in the morning before work usually. I did start to realize it doesn't burn as many calories as I'd like, so I started incorporating some different varieties of pilates in there- Pick your level: weight loss pilates is my favorite!
  • sassymc86
    sassymc86 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Have you found them on YouTube? Did the weightloss one really make the difference? Thanks
  • nikkipaige
    nikkipaige Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I haven't really looked for them on youtube, but I bought the dvd on amazon for like $15 or something. The first part of it is standing pilates, so you get a fair bit of cardio along with core work. I definitely have noticed my has flexibility improved, and feel much more fit.
  • EllaIsNotEnchanted
    EllaIsNotEnchanted Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Have you found them on YouTube? Did the weightloss one really make the difference? Thanks

Pop Pilates/Blogilates on youtube.

tumblr_mmlmu91zap1s6tvdho1_500.gif

youtube playlist today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bBk2oidYvE&list=PLSCcAGyv98icDBSjMpA1catfIeh1dT2gs

I noticed huge improvement with my core strength.
  • gelar93
    gelar93 Posts: 160
    Options
    They're awesome. YouTube "Popilates" and workout with Cassey. She is awesome
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I do the easy 20 minute Winsor pilates video on Youtube as my warmup a few days a week. It has helped my core.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I attend a class. I find it helpful to have a teacher there to help me make sure I have proper form. It's easy to hurt yourself with Pilates if you aren't doing it right.