Creamy Skim Milk?

I was at the grocery store today (USA) and saw "creamy skin milk" for the first time. I was really tempted to buy it. I looked at two brands and they both had 100cal per 8oz serving. Apparently it is skim milk with the addition of nonfat powdered milk. The protein content is higher than regular skim milk which perked my interest.

Do any of you drink this? Is it a better tasting skim milk?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Give it a try. It is just milk. Be brave :-)
    I prefer to eat regular (full fat) dairy products --- just not as much so that I can stay within calorie goals.
  • monolith66
    monolith66 Posts: 168 Member
    Only almond milk here. Cheese and yogurt is the only dairy I consume.
  • Nutmeg76
    Nutmeg76 Posts: 258 Member
    I just looked at the ingredients on the Darigold version and it looks fine. Sometimes they add other things that are "scary" to thicken things. Not, really scary, but something like carageenan that for some people causes gastrointestinal distress. Looks like this is just the addition of the powdered milk, no biggie!
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    I've only seen it at some grocery stores. I'll try to buy it today because I'm really craving something "creamy." I stopped drinking/using dairy milk a while ago in favour of the low-cal unsweetened almond milk. The latter doesn't taste very good and is only marginally better than using water in shakes and smoothies. The nutritional content and macros of the creamy skim milk look very good so I'm looking forward to trying it.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,268 Member
    skim milk is way too watery for me. I like the over the moon milk but cant seem to find it here in Florida. The next best thing is my unsweetened vanilla almond milk for only 30 cals for 8ounces. IF i cant have this then i wont drink milk at all and get my dairy from my yogurt or cheese.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    I've only seen it at some grocery stores. I'll try to buy it today because I'm really craving something "creamy." I stopped drinking/using dairy milk a while ago in favour of the low-cal unsweetened almond milk. The latter doesn't taste very good and is only marginally better than using water in shakes and smoothies. The nutritional content and macros of the creamy skim milk look very good so I'm looking forward to trying it.

Have you tried coconut milk? It's not bad.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    I don't buy milk often but when I do it's usually this Shamrock Farms Calcium Plus in fat free. I think it's one of the creamy ones. I only use it in recipes or occasionally cereal but it's pretty good. No blue/clear tint like some skim milk.

http://www.shamrockfarms.net/products/calcium-plus-milk
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    I used to be able to buy "Skim Deluxe" at Safeway or Albertson's...Have had a hard time finding it since moving to the East cost. I switched a while ago to unsweetened coconut almond milk. Delicious!