Embarrassing fat area for a guy, any suggestions

Options
I dropped from 200lbs to 150 lbs in about 6 months. I did it mostly by drastically reducing my food intake and minimal working out. Wish I would have done things differently however this is what im stuck with now.

Below is a picture of my problem area. I have the majority if not all of my body fat stored on my butt/hips/calves.

Here is a NSFW picture of my pancake that sticks off the side when I prop my leg up.
http://imgur.com/Vr3pncR

I am starting to do butt and hip exercises and walking alot more. However I been doing this for about 3 1/2 weeks and feel zero progress has been made. My legs are really tight but there is just this layer of fat on top of them, same with my butt. I am 5'7 and look like a stick already, if I drop further weight I feel like its only muscle that will drop. I am totally confused and lost and looking for advice.

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Working with weights probably.
    Someone in the morning will have suggestions. It's going to be o.k.
  • jj191
    jj191 Posts: 10
    Options
    Anyone else have any suggestions?
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Agreed on the weights.
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I dropped from 200lbs to 150 lbs in about 6 months. I did it mostly by drastically reducing my food intake and minimal working out. Wish I would have done things differently however this is what im stuck with now.

Below is a picture of my problem area. I have the majority if not all of my body fat stored on my butt/hips/calves.

Here is a NSFW picture of my pancake that sticks off the side when I prop my leg up.
    http://imgur.com/Vr3pncR

I am starting to do butt and hip exercises and walking alot more. However I been doing this for about 3 1/2 weeks and feel zero progress has been made. My legs are really tight but there is just this layer of fat on top of them, same with my butt. I am 5'7 and look like a stick already, if I drop further weight I feel like its only muscle that will drop. I am totally confused and lost and looking for advice.

Well, you say "there is just this layer of fat," but also say you "look like a stick." Which is it? Or are you referring to a fat stick?

I would guess it's the combination of rapid loss (nice work BTW), along with residual fat, that you're noticing.

Also, if the issue can be remedied by weight training (which should definitely help), don't expect 3 1/2 weeks to make much of a difference.
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    If you weren't physically active before losing weight and didn't bother to lift weights while losing weight, what makes you think you'd magically look good at your goal weight, You're still out of shape with very low lbm, probably lower then before your weight loss.
  • KatieTJS
    KatieTJS Posts: 12
    Options
    I can't see the picture, so if you are referring to loose skin, you can dry brush your skin to help stimulate it. If you are young this will help a lot. I learned about dry brushing from Teresa Tapp. She has an exercise method and program that helps with the skin. She also recommends taking spirulina too. I dry brush vigorously with a natural bristle brush in the manner that she suggests. I'm in my 50's and it seems to be working well for me. Google T-Tapp dry skin brushing and you find a couple videos of her demonstrating it.
  • brittaney0625
    brittaney0625 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Only advice chance you probably have is to work out, do some weight training.. it'll take a lot of time.
    I can't see the pic.. but maybe skin removal surgery?