Will you be my friend?

Options
Hi everyone. I started using MFP back in July but I never got serious about it until about 2 months ago. In those 2 months I have been able to lose about 12 lbs. I am pretty excited and glad I didn't gain it all back during the holidays.

Suddenly I have been feeling kind of down, I live in the pacific northwest so it could be the rain that never stops, but I was wondering if I anyone would be interested in joining me in this weight loss journey. Im not sure how to go about making friends on this site, so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and hope to hear from you!

Replies

• Pip_K_W
    Pip_K_W Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've added you :0)
  • jatbe
    jatbe Posts: 18
    Options
    Welcome- I'd be happy to be your friend- we can offer each other encouragement.
  • Sherry1979
    Options
    Sent you a friend request! :smile: Great job on the weight loss so far and keeping it off!!
  • Mikiki_x
    Options
    I will :) Need some motivational buddies!!
  • amydcarlson
    amydcarlson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request, too! (In fact I may have sent it twice...whoopsie!)
  • Michaelbrodsky
    Options
    Hi,

it's a good site if you use it. I find just the awareness of how many calories I am consuming particularly against the goals I have set, provides an aid to my self control. I am realizing more than ever that controlling my weight is very important to my health and can only be done by limiting how much I eat. The good part is that it doesn't have to limit what I eat, just how much.
    It sounds like you're off to a good start. Good luck at keeping with it. If it helps you to share your progress with me, please feel free.
    Mike
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I will - if you like... :) I'm pretty new to all this stuff too!
  • Vikki_Jane
    Options
    Welcome! I've just sent you a friends request. :flowerforyou:
  • Mica64
    Mica64 Posts: 4
    Options
    Not to worry I will help when I can. The rain can be tough with the lack of sun to boost your mood. I have a wonderful doctor he recommended vitamin D and it made all the difference. I take 2000 mg a day. You can do this think only one day at a time. What kinds of things are you doing.
  • millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent...I live in the PNW and this rain is driving me nuts too! I really wish I could go outside with out getting wet!
  • Katybun3
    Katybun3 Posts: 172
    Options
    Sent friend request. Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    If I read a post that sounds like something I would say I will send a friend request. I just sent you one!:flowerforyou:
  • krisney
    krisney Posts: 56
    Options
    I also live in the Seattle area, and with the recent very cold weather I've felt sluggish with regards to exercising (it's SO cold!). Normally I would exercise at least 5 days out of 7. Lately its been about 2 out of 7!

My workout space is in my garage which isn't heated, so its been really cold. I start off wearing a fleece and a long sleeve moisture wicking shirt. I also have a space heater in there that I can use.

Once the cold abates, then we're left to deal with grey, dark, drizzly, uuggghh...days! This also makes is difficult to *want to* work out. Sometimes I take AdvoCare Spark energy drink to get me going.

On these types of days if I choose not to exercise, then I just watch my calories all the more closely.

Cannot wait for the brighter (and longer) days!
  • the1andonlyD
    Options
    Wow you guys are totally awesome, Let me just say that my day is looking a lot better now. :happy: Thanks to all of you for taking the time to read and respond to my post. And for adding me as a friend!!:smile: I really needed the encouragement to help me keep pushing forward and not look back. Your right, its a couple more months of this dreary weather and once summer comes along we'll be looking real good.

For those of you who wanted to know what I'm doing, I work out at my gym 5 days a week. They offer a lot of really great classes like Zumba, spin, even bootcamp and I try to go to at least one class a day. The classes are all 50-60 mins long and they kick my butt! On Fridays they don't have any classes so I do the treadmill or elliptical for 40+mins.

Im still working on my diet though. I'm trying to eat more fruits and veggies which I love to eat. But I really need to work on reducing my sugar intake. I started reading this book called the fat smash diet and I'm slowly working my way into eating more healthy. So far I've fallen off the wagon twice, but I am back on now thanks to your support!!!!

I wish everyone the best of luck on attaining their goals. I know we can do it with the help of each other. Now lets go out there and be amazing!
  • Emi_chan
    Emi_chan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request. Congrats on your weight loss so far, and best of luck on your journey!!
  • the1andonlyD
    Options
    Thanks mini! Good luck on your journey as well!