Losing That Belly Fat!

Options
Hey! I'm 5'8 and weigh 137. I've very thin but I still have a bit of a stomach. If i lose at least 7 or 10 more pounds of fat, is there a high chance i can lose the little pudge I have left? Any tips would be great!

Replies

• Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    If you're thin otherwise, you probably shouldn't lose anY more weight. Your best bet is to work on body recomposition to get your body fat percentage down.

Try weight lifting or other heavy strength training.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    StrongLifts or New Rules of Lifting for Women.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    Slight calorie deficit (150-250 under your TDEE) and lift some weights.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • karinaxoxokarina
    karinaxoxokarina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Im starting to consumer 500 calories a day. Does that help?
  • stevieart9960
    Options
    You're a woman! A little bit of tummy is a beautiful thing. Be happy that you're healthy. By the time you're my age, you'll know that wasn't really a tummy at all. Just a curve.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

ONLY 500 calories a day? No. Not a good idea. Enter a half pound a week as a goal. Eat that amount.
  • kmm0034
    kmm0034 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I sincerely hope that's not all the calories for the entire day It would cause both my sister and I to faint from the lack. With so little to lose, weight lifting and strength training will be your hope, not a significant calorie deficit. Eat a healthy about for your activity level, and weight loss. The site is decent at figuring out what that is. And then work on changing how your body is composed via strength training.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options

ONLY 500 calories a day? No. Not a good idea. Enter a half pound a week as a goal. Eat that amount.

^this

Eating so little is a surefire way to KEEP stomach fat. As, you'll be losing muscle along the way and seeing no measurement improvement.

I honestly think you should eat a maintenance level or a slight deficit. You want fat loss right? Not just scale loss!

Lift heavy! Free weights are your fwiend
  • karinaxoxokarina
    karinaxoxokarina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    thanks so much! I'm going to start weights today!!