I lost my streak

Options
I had a streak of about 380 days and forgot to log in the other day. I've heard that you can ask to have your numbers reset. Does anyone know how I would go about it?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Well if you didn't log in you didn't log in, so you lost your streak. If you did log in and it didn't get counted then it can be reset.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    wow...speaking of dliigence...
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Yes you can contact them via the help setting at the top of the page. If you do it as soon as possable and explain they can fix that.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Fix it? It ain't broken.
  • nesto610
    nesto610 Posts: 107
    Options
    click help and there is a link that you can click to reset your counter to the number of days it should be
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    If they "fix" someone's streak, after they neglected to log in (whatever the reason), it kinda defeats the prestige of the achievement, eh?
  • EandA85
    EandA85 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Resetting your streak after forgetting to log in, ergo losing the streak, defeats the purpose of tracking the streak, doesn't it?
  • Birder155
    Birder155 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Ouch!

I would have to agree with the others that are telling you that you've unfortunately lost your streak by not logging in, accidentally or otherwise.

You've done an awesome job! Logging in for over a year has definitely helped you achieve some terrific weight loss!
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    They reset it for people who use the app on their phone and for some reason it doesn't sync, or something like that. Legitimate reasons only should be requested. You didn't login so you shouldn't get that day counted for you.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I had a long streak going. Lost it when I went backpacking for 5 days even though I pre-logged those days. Suppose what it counts as a "streak" is how many days in a row you sign into the website. So yeah I am on streak day 11 now.

Anywho I just shrugged and let it slide because its not really a meaningful number. That said I think you can just ask a moderator to reset it for you, I'm sure they'd do it without question if you want it back.

That said you lost your streak because...well...you stopped your streak. If you get it back its a pretty hollow meaningless number at that point.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    User error.
  • palomino698
    palomino698 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The following is copied from the very helpful email that Support sent me when I didn't log in until late one night (as far as I was concerned I was logging daily, but it was a little over 24 hours since the previous day's login so the streak was reset.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request

"The tool allows you to request that your streak be reset to a specific number of days, or to pick up where your count left off before this interruption.

For best results maintaining your streak in the future, please note that the counter will reset if you do not log in to either the app or the website at least once every 24 hours. If using an app, you must also have an internet connection available and the app must sync at least once to the website. The best way to ensure your log in has counted is to log at least one entry in your diary for the day.

Also note, if you are traveling, MyFitnessPal does not automatically update to your new time zone; it remains set the time zone you originally chose. You can check or change your time zone within the app by navigating to the "Menu" then, find your "Profile", and then “Change Time Zone". Or, if you are on our website, you can go to the main "Settings" page, then "Change Time Zone."."
  • fultimers
    fultimers Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input everyone. I'll just start a new streak since it was my fault. This mistake doesn't take away from the fact that I've lost 51 pounds in a little over a year.
  • artistes2
    artistes2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That's right,you go girl! Don't agonize over not logging on, what you have accomplished is phenomenal! Go to the store and try carrying around five 10lb bags of sugar!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input everyone. I'll just start a new streak since it was my fault. This mistake doesn't take away from the fact that I've lost 51 pounds in a little over a year.

That's RIGHT! Now you can get ANOTHER year + streak. It still shows amazing commitment and determination. Plus, you still have 380 days (and going) of full diaries as "proof" of your dedication.:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • IllustratedxGirl
    IllustratedxGirl Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I lost my original streak of 75 days ;(

I didn't try to get it back or anything though.. That would be like cheating since I didn't log that day
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel better - my streak is at almost 700 days - in September I'm going on a cruise which = no logging in which means goodbye streak. FYI - my last cruise = just under 700 days ago. Lost my streak then too. Thankfully they don't take away your weight loss along with your streak!! :flowerforyou:
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Who cares? You don't get a present.
  • fultimers
    fultimers Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    ReadyRock--I paid the money on our last cruise for internet and logged everything I ate for 7 days. (Well--estimated sometimes). It can be done though it will cost, lol. Keep up the good work!