whats the lowest calorie choclate bars?

Options

Replies

• jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Low calorie hot chocolate is money for reducing cravings... The ones I get are 42 calories a cup, but there's plenty of choices.
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Godiva chocolate pearls are very good and only 25 calories for 8 of them. You can get them in milk, dark and dark chocolate mint.
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Godiva chocolate pearls are very good and only 25 calories for 8 of them. You can get them in milk, dark and dark chocolate mint.

Also, I have found these at Kohl's Department Store if you have one in your area.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Protein bars taste so good that you wouldn't know the difference. Try them out! Try a chocolate one from each brand, I was so surprised that I don't eat chocolate bars anymore. It's a great replacement!

I love a chocolate brownie quest bar, but there's not a protein bar on the planet that tastes like a true full sugar, full fat chocolate bar. (well, unless they cram it full of sugar and then why bother, just have the real thing)
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Curly Wurly bars are like, 20cm long and last for ages. Only 100 calls or so
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    My treat for staying with my calories for the day is a Dove Dark Chocolate Promise with sea salt and caramel. One Promise is 38 calories. Pre-MFP I was never a dark chocolate fan, but now I look forward to this small treat every day.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    My treat for staying with my calories for the day is a Dove Dark Chocolate Promise with sea salt and caramel. One Promise is 38 calories. Pre-MFP I was never a dark chocolate fan, but now I look forward to this small treat every day.

Anyone having trouble finding the delicious Dove dark chocolate promise favors...Target has 'em. That's the only place ive consistently found the best ones, salted caramel, raspberry swirl, mint...all really yummy and 45 cals or less per piece. (but yeah, you need the discipline to not eat the whole bag!)
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I buy a bag of Hershey Toffee Chocolate Nuggets and have my husband hide it and ration me out 1-2 pieces a day depending on my calorie deficit. I have no will power if I know where the bag is (hangs head in shame)
  • Kyndness
    Kyndness Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's has awesome 100 calorie Belgian chocolate bars. The chocolate is as yummy as Godiva, Lindt, etc. :) I usually buy dark chocolate, but they're also available in milk chocolate. Sometimes I buy a regular Hershey or Godiva bar (the small ones located near the grocery checkout) and eat half, then throw the other half away or hide it in my car. Throwing away chocolate should be against the law, but I can't always trust myself to have chocolate sitting around the house.
  • kbcara
    kbcara Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Curly Wurly
    Freddo
    Boot's Shapers Caramel Crisp
    All these have one square, one M&M, one 'heroe' or 'celebration' fft, whatever!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Why do people bump old threads to give advice to the OP, and not even to restart the discussion?
  • DAaaMan64
    DAaaMan64 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Because google brought them here and they didn't realize how old the thread was and just contributed. Worst case, how there is even more information to be found here via google.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I keep a stash of Cadbury's "fun-size" chocolate bars in the cupboard - they are usually 80-100 calories in each.
    Yep. And on Friday, I'll be stocking up. Love those 50% off day after Halloween sales. :drinker:
    Edited to say: didn't realize this thread was so old.....
  • kaylairvine
    Options
    '...well, naturally' no added sugar milk chocolate, is a great way to reduce the calories and still get your chocolate fix. It is only 65 calories for a bar, which contains about 6 or 7 peices of chocolate. It has 80% less sugar than normal milk chocolate. Also in the '...well, naturally range is fruit and nut, dark chocolate and peppermint.
  • Nightfall30
    Nightfall30 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Not really a chocolate bar but Quest bars have proved to be a great substitute for when I'm craving chocolate. Double chocolate chunk actually tastes like chocolate!
  • e5d5r5
    e5d5r5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Instead of a bar consider a couple of pieces of chocolate hard candy. Unless you a biter, you can take your time and enjoy the flavor, and by the time you are done with second piece the craving is satisfied. I personally like Nips but try out different ones and see what you like.
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Come on. This has to be a trick question.

The lowest calorie chocolate bar is the one you don't eat!
  • JenniferOBX5
    JenniferOBX5 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Small Peanut Butter Cups are 44 calories each. I keep them in the freezer and 2 or 3 is all I need to satisfy chocolate craving.
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Freddo frogs are about 95cals + childhood memories :-)

(Not sure where you're from, but they might only be available in the UK?)

ETA: just realised how old this thread is! I hope the OP has had some choccie by now!
  • Birder155
    Birder155 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    … This week I bought the Dark Chocolate Orange flavor. I like their "Excellence" range. Really yummy and one square is plenty!

I'm enjoying a square of that right now. It's delicious.

Intense Blackcurrant, Coconut, Intense Mint, Sea Salt Caramel …
    I could go on and on. I enjoy a square or two every night after dinner. I definitely satisfies a chocolate craving, imo.

eta: :blushing: necro thread. dayum. I got excited because Chocolate.