cuke recipes?

Options
geckospot
geckospot Posts: 56 Member
Cucumbers are having a fabulous year and everyone seems inundated with them.
I found a great cuke salsa recipe that's really tasty. What other recipes do you have?

Replies

• PaulaKac
    PaulaKac Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You can make a marinated salad. Cucumbers, red onions and tomatoes in vinegar, oil, salt, pepper and celery seed. If you like peppers, add either or all of red, yellow and green
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Put sliced cucumber in your water. I call it my "spa water." Way less acidic than lemon.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Pickles! nom nom nom.

I also like it chopped up with some red onion in an apple cider, olive oil, dijon mustard and a tiny bit of sugar dressing.
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Cucumber, onion and seasoned rice vinegar (Marukan seasoned rice vinegar) - easy to make and delicious. The cuc's are coming on in our garden - will probably eat one a day for a while.
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Cucumber salsa is very fresh tasting! Nom
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Family favorite. Keep these in fridge in a large container. We make these all Summer . Hope you enjoy

Refrigerator Pickles:

More From Cooking Light

Nutritional Information
    Amount per serving
    Calories: 28
    Calories from fat: 10%
    Fat: 0.1g
    Saturated fat: 0.0g
    Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
    Protein: 0.3g
    Carbohydrate: 7g
    Fiber: 0.3g
    Cholesterol: 0.0mg
    Iron: 0.1mg
    Sodium: 64mg
    Calcium: 7mg

Ingredients

6 cups thinly sliced pickling cucumbers (about 2 pounds)
    2 cups thinly sliced onion $
    1 1/2 cups white vinegar
    3/4 cup sugar
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
    1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
    1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
    1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
    Preparation

Place 3 cups cucumber in a medium glass bowl; top with 1 cup onion. Repeat procedure with the remaining 3 cups cucumber and remaining 1 cup onion.
    Combine vinegar and remaining ingredients in a small saucepan; stir well. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute. Pour over cucumber mixture; let cool. Cover and chill at least 4 days.
  • xenu01
    xenu01 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Gazpacho!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Grate them and make tzatziki!

Or bruscetta with cucumber noodles. This recipe uses zucchini, but you can sub

zucchini_pasta_31.jpg

http://happygoodtime.com/2012/06/07/zucchini-noodles-with-tomato-bruschetta-low-carb-pasta/
  • chgonoah
    chgonoah Posts: 1
    Options
    So easy, can't go wrong. Slice cukes and onions thin. Put cukes in a colander and salt them. This will drain excess water. leave about 1/2 hour. Then just use plain greek yogurt til coated..Can also add dill if desired. Salt and pepper to taste
  • graceyykim
    graceyykim Posts: 17
    Options
    You can make a fast cucumber kimchi! or cucumber soup: http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/cold-cucumber-soup-with-yogurt-and-dill
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers are one of my favorite veggies, especially the Armenian variety.

Make tzatziki sauce. I usually buy mine pre-made, but there are tons of recipe on the web. I like to use it as a veggie dip and as a sandwich condiment.

Not really a recipe, but I often use cucumber slices instead of bread. Slice of cucumber, little tzatziki, small piece of turkey, small piece of cheese, small piece of tomato, slice of cucumber. I'll usually have 4 or 5 of those for lunch. Tasty and filling.

I don't make juice often, but one of my favorites is cucumber, cantaloupe, Granny Smith apple and carrot.