Drinking And Weightloss?!

Options
wimbsie
wimbsie Posts: 19
Hello MFP members, I was wondering, do any of you drink and still lose weight??

If so, what do you drink, and how do you prevent yourself from the DRUNK MUNCHIES (which attack me, even when I go into it telling myself I won't eat that whole pizza).

I personally like beer, which is the worst thing I could pick from, but do you guys have some low calorie favorites? Also, any mixed drinks that are low calorie that don't taste too much like LIQUOR (which is gross to me).

Thoughts and suggestions???

Replies

• RangerRN507
    RangerRN507 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    normally I don't say this but...I drink and it doesn't effect me...call it good genetics or just how hard I train but I do have one rule that If I do go out and drink next day in the gym is by default cardio and abs day and I mean...hardcore cardio and abs...now before I get tackled by a bunch of people saying how messed up that train of thought is just keep in mind that everything is ok in moderation so go have your beer and enjoy your life just make sure to have it within reason and always crush the gym the next day, and every day for that matter. cheers.
  • triciabh1
    triciabh1 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, gotta make room for the drinks!! I make sure to leave calories at the end of the week for a couple of drinks and I make sure I have room for a snack like low cal popcorn or something for the munchies. All in moderation and I don't do this every weekend.

I'm not a huge beer drinker so not much help on the calories there. I don't know if they have this where you live but I drink Mike's Lite Cranberry or Lite Black Cherry...it's like Smirnoff Ice but better and lower calorie. I think it's around 110 calories per bottle. I also drink UV Cherry Vodka with diet coke or diet dr pepper...it just gives it a mild cherry flavor and one ounce is 90 calories.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Alcohol inhibits fat burning. Since it can't be stored, any alcohol taken in is used FIRST as a fuel source before any other energy source is utilized. So it's wise to only drink in moderation if fat loss is your goal.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • wimbsie
    wimbsie Posts: 19
    Options
    Gym time seems to be the usual fixer-upper. But it's still difficult, lets say I down 6 beers over the course of a night, thats 600-1200 calories.

Add those calories to an 800-1000 calorie munching session. There is NO WAY, I can work all that off at the gym.

So lets say I add gym time in the day of, and the day after... it's still a brutal downfall.

So my question is, how do we decrease those calories either by, switching to a different drink, and/or stopping those munchies?
  • candythorns
    candythorns Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    vodka and cranberry
  • RangerRN507
    RangerRN507 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Gym time seems to be the usual fixer-upper. But it's still difficult, lets say I down 6 beers over the course of a night, thats 600-1200 calories.

Add those calories to an 800-1000 calorie munching session. There is NO WAY, I can work all that off at the gym.

So lets say I add gym time in the day of, and the day after... it's still a brutal downfall.

So my question is, how do we decrease those calories either by, switching to a different drink, and/or stopping those munchies?

well when your drunk good luck thinking about avoiding snack foods thats almost impossible, guess youll just have to switch to low cal drinks and don't drink to the point you don't care about health...find a balancing point your happy with
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    for me, in moderation is ok. I maybe have one or two glasses of wine once or twice a week but thats about it at this point. I don't really care to drink a lot nowdays anyway (it makes me feel like crap if i do) but i do like to have the occasional drink. has not impeded my weight loss so far as long as its within my calorie goals for the day.