How do you fight the pressure to quit?

Options
I know I should be tougher than this. I'm farther in the Insanity program than I've ever been. (Two weeks away from completion and seeing muscle def. I've never had in my life!) And last night I reached two milestones. My resting pulse is now under 50 bpm (49!), and I am now thinner than I have been since middle school!

But now I feel like none of it matters. Because I called my mom, excited and she told me to remember "To wear longer shorts because there is still fat on your legs, but keep it up because 20 pounds more and it sounds like you could be athletic!"

I thought I liked my legs...I just finished my first Spartan Race in 2 hours! I thought I WAS an athlete! Is it impossible to be chubby and fit at the same time? I know I have about 20 pounds to lose to have ideal bf %, but I do have a lot of muscle right now too?

How do yall get past remarks like this and keep pushing forward? Right now, a big tub of moose tracks sounds amazing. :(

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Well...ditch your mom. Then put Insanity back in and do your workout!

Dont you dare quit for negative people...especially your mom!
  • thegreatestthing
    thegreatestthing Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well...ditch your mom. Then put Insanity back in and do your workout!

Dont you dare quit for negative people...especially your mom!

^^^^
    This. My mom is my worst critic, verbally and physically attacks me when I'm doing well for myself. Ignore her and you'll be happier. It's gonna hurt at first but trust me you'll be better off in the long run.
  • Jaymierunsnow
    Options
    See, the thing is, I actually have a pretty good relationship with my mom. We do love each other, and in her way she was trying to "compliment" me? On my potential, I guess. :P I love her and am not cutting her out of my life. Just want to know how to shut down the negativity and keep the good stuff I guess. :)
  • thegreatestthing
    thegreatestthing Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    See, the thing is, I actually have a pretty good relationship with my mom. We do love each other, and in her way she was trying to "compliment" me? On my potential, I guess. :P I love her and am not cutting her out of my life. Just want to know how to shut down the negativity and keep the good stuff I guess. :)

Oh okay, sounded way too much like mine for a moment lol.

You know the facts yourself. You love your legs. YOU finished that race- you're obviously athletic! The problem is that there's no real way to shut down the negativity with moms. If you know you have the type of relationship where you can sit down and talk to her about how she made you feel... and if you think that will help... you can always try it. I find that with mine it's a lot easier to just occupy myself with something else and try to forget whatever she said/did.