30 Day Shred Shame

Options

Replies

• aliakynes
    aliakynes Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    There are many people in this world who couldn't do what you did today. And there are many people in this world that should have but didn't. Never regret a workout and keep pressing play!
  • BlueberryWatermelon
    BlueberryWatermelon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    The first time doing the 30DS is hard for EVERYONE, trust me! I think I was sore for a week!

Oh, and definitely use 3 pound weights to start! I've been doing the 30DS on and off for years, and I still don't do the entire thing with 5 pound weights. (I alternate between 3 and 5 now.)

Congrats on making it this far!! Don't give up. :)
  • SSAHM
    SSAHM Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I was the same when I first started I had to stop 2-3 Times to catch my breath. I found it happened again when I moved to level 2. It does get easier though. I stuck with it and have incorporated so much more exercise so am much more fitter. I'm now 20 weeks pregnant and can keep up with level 1(with some modification) so just keep at it, it gets better.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Oh and goodness, I only just did the math on 5lb dumbells (metric user here) and I'd have died if I'd tried that! I have dumbells with addable plates and for 30DS I use just the bars! about 3lbs, and that is a struggle by the 3rd round!
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Oh well, you have to start somewhere. Just keep at it and you won't be embarassed for long.
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    For the soreness - as hard as it is, try to take a short walk after you are done. Drink some water while doing it, I swear these help me!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Why feel shame? There is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. Fitness doesn't happen overnight. Just keep at it, and you'll get better.

Or, find an exercise that you enjoy more. I've tried 30DS a few times (level 1) and I found it difficult, and boring. I struggled to complete it, and that was when I was already quite fit. I run, and I lift heavy weights, but 30DS is no fun for me at all, I loathe those aerobics type things. I tried it a few times because I had some silly notion that I "should" be able to do it, but you know what? Life's too short. I don't *need* to complete 30DS to be fit, or to believe that I'm fit. I'd rather go for a long run. Other people would rather spend an hour spinning, or go swimming, or hike up a mountain. Doing what you enjoy is a good way to make sure you keep doing it. :smile:
  • epadmeister
    epadmeister Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Haha this was ME when I first started 30 Day Shred! Keep at it, well done for starting it! It makes you sweat a hell of a lot more than you think doesn't it, I was really surprised... I started by watching the video first thinking "ha this looks okay"... hell no XD

P.S. By the last few days of Level 3 I was shouting at the TV "I. AM. NATALIEEE :mad: :explode: :drinker: " haha, your endurance improves a hell of a lot.

Keep calm and follow Anita! :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • msflynnbly
    msflynnbly Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This is such a hard workout you should be proud. I am on day 6 and the soreness is just subsiding! I do find if im sore as I start working out it does start to subside asked you get into it. Goodluck xx
  • sparks154
    sparks154 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When I started the 30DS I was seriously struggling with 2kg weights so I dropped it down to 1kg (approx. 2lbs) and I found it a lot easier. I know of someone doing the 30DS who lost a stone using just 1kg weights so there's no shame in it!!
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    There is no shame in the fact that you pressed play and decided to workout! The more regularly you do it, the easier it will get :) keep going
  • asilmegan34
    asilmegan34 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Its ok! The only way you failed is if you never got off the couch to do it! And I run 4-5 miles and bike and I did it the other day and I was struggling too!
  • J3nnyV
    J3nnyV Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    There are many people in this world who couldn't do what you did today. And there are many people in this world that should have but didn't. Never regret a workout and keep pressing play!

^^ this!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

^^ this!

So true!!!
  • flyingmickey
    flyingmickey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a program called stronglifts and I can overhead press 70lbs but I struggle with 3lbs during the 30 day shred. Good work, just keep going.
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    HEY OP.....how are you doing? :flowerforyou: did you keep it up? would love to hear about it!

I will be starting it again next week! I got through about 1/2 when I gave up last time :sad: so I will be aiming for completion this time around!
  • Sonshine1296
    Sonshine1296 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! That really is a tough workout. I love the truth in this saying "No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch!" You will get there! :)
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    There is no reason to feel ashamed. I work out all the time, have for years, and Jillian's videos still can kill me. I do modifications for pretty much everything, ESPECIALLY with cardio, because I've killed my joints. Don't be ashamed of what you can't or didn't do, be proud of what you DID do.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    No need to be ashamed. Seriously the first day I did it I barely made it through and though I'd need a wheelchair the next day. By Day 7, I wasn't taking a break and made that tape my b****. Then I went to level 2 and became it's b*****. lol But I'm on day 8 of level 2 and guess what, I'm not breaking again.

Just don't worry about what you can't do. It's not a race against anyone. Work at your own pace, do the modified versions if you need to and work your way up as you can!
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Totally ok girl!! I thought I was gonna die my first go around....like...seriously though I would die haha I couldn't keep up, I stopped a few times....and I used 3 lb weights or no weight at all for a couple of them. Good job for trying and keep it up, it does slowly but surely get easier. And don't be bummed to stay at level one for a few weeks or longer than it says you should. Just keep working at it until you feel ready for level 2