New here

Options
My name is Derek and I joined this site because I got tired of doing the weight loss thing alone. My friends are either skinny or happy with being big. Last June I weighed 265 and this June I was 189. I have recently got down to 174-175. My favorite form of workout is running 1.5 miles downhill and then doing 1.5 mike uphill. It's a really rocky and stiff incline, so I do that 3-4 times a day. I'm trying to be 150 pounds by New Years. I don't want to be smaller than that. I don't have any special diet. It's my lifestyle. I do eat those bad foods, but only once a week or every 2 weeks. My lifestyle change consists of greens, fruits, only water, lean meats, tuna, milk, Special K cereal, and good carbs. Anyway I hope some of you will help me on my journey and I will help you.

Replies

• LanaC1210
    LanaC1210 Posts: 37
    Options
    Your diet sounds great! Just a reminder to constantly drink because even 1% dehydrated slows down your metabolism!
  • kailab18
    kailab18 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm new too! But I haven't worked out in years other than the 6 hours a day I spend on my feet waiting tables (which is actually a great calorie-burner, ha!) so I guess I'm more of a true "newbie"

Do you have any tips for complete beginners?

Best of luck!

K