OMG i overate by almost 800 cals yesterday!!!

Options
BBQ last night didn't go so well for my diet. It was for a birthday, and I ended up being persuaded to have a glass of wine and a slice of birthday cake. It was an impromptu gathering, so I wasn't able to eat extra light in the day to try and salvage my day. usually I fill out my tracker the day before, so I know everything I am going to eat the following day, and so don't go over my allowance. However, I have just filled out what I ate last night, and now feel so guilty!! :(

Replies

• Dozer561
    Dozer561 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    dont feel guilty, today is a new day, and besides, i do not know what your deficit is daily on here, but if you were set to 1 lb a week loss, thats a 500 cal daily deficit, so technically you only had 300 cals above a maintenance calorie number for 1 day.... dont beat yourself up.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    one-bad-meal-wont-make-you-fat-just-like-one-good-meal-wont-make-you-skinny-365429.jpg

You'll be fine. Trust me
  • mhasita
    mhasita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Don't feel guilty. It happens and the world is not going to end, maybe you will reach your goals a day later than planned, is not a big deal.

just acknowledge it, and move on. Eat normal today, don't try and make up for it by eating less or exercising more.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    No need to feel guilty, one day is not going to ruin anything. You had a great time, you logged it and it's over. Today you start fresh. You probably at close to maintenance so don't sweat it.

You've lost 42 lbs congrats! Remember this is how you will live your life there will be days that are under, over and right on target and days that involve friends, wine and cake well they make for a happy life!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Just don't weigh for a few days. And stick to the plan for a week.
  • Jezebel_Barbie
    Jezebel_Barbie Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Everything they said. This is a lifestyle change - and sometimes life throws things like impromtu birthday parties at you. That's a good thing! Celebrate with your friends, then get back at it today.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    It was for a birthday,
    That's the bit you need to remember. They don't happen everyday. Will 800 calories put the 42 pounds back you've lost? NO. Just go back to normal today and carry on.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    one-bad-meal-wont-make-you-fat-just-like-one-good-meal-wont-make-you-skinny-365429.jpg

QFT
  • ChrisUK70
    ChrisUK70 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It is normal part of following a weight loss program. I did 1K over one day last week I just make sure I log it so I can then use it as motivation to do more exercise to counter it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    800 calories is what, 300 calories over your TDEE? You'll make up for that just by eating at a 500 deficit today. No reason to get alarmed at all.
  • Turtle_Lover1981
    Options
    I went over by 3500 the other week for my birthday, no worries :drinker:
  • wlaast
    wlaast Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Over by 3500...how?
  • awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    on the forth I ate about 7000 calories.
  • Turtle_Lover1981
    Options
    Over by 3500...how?

Lots and lots of food, wine, beer, lager and shots :drinker:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    If you added another zero to that number, you might have a reason to be worried :smile: Though, probably not even then, because it's only one day!!

It was your birthday, and it won't even blip your radar.
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    You'll be alright. Drink lots of water to help flush out sodium, and just start again new. None of us are perfect and we all have days where we don't do as well as we'd like. Don't feel guilty about it.
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    It's ok, don't worry. The fact that you're even this upset shows that you are dedicated and disciplined. It's 100% ok to have fun and let go now and again. It will NOT make you gain weight.