shiratake noodle recipe ideas

Options
Stopin_da_yoyo
Stopin_da_yoyo Posts: 138 Member
Hey guys! I only just found out about shiratake noodles.
I am a good cook so I already have several ideas in how to utilize these noodles but I wanted to see how you guys found the best use and if you really had some mind blowing results.

I need to tell you I am on a high protein/low carb ( really close to paleo) type of dietary intake.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• bearsmom82
    bearsmom82 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Try this - I love it:

Pb2 Peanut Butter, Powdered, 2 tablespoons
    Kikkoman - Soy Sauce, 1 tablespoon
    Lime Juice, 1 tbsp
    Green Onion - Green Onion Raw (Whole), 1 medium (15 g)
    Mushrooms - Raw, 4 medium
    Cooked Beef Sirloin Strips, 50 g

Microwave until hot. About 175 calories (including a package of shirataki). Very filling.

Another easy one - 2 wedges of laughing cow light cheese, 1 small tin of tuna (in water, drained), and seasoning of your choice - I go for oregano and black pepper. Again, microwave until hot, then stir - the cheese melts into a creamy sauce.
  • j9ny
    j9ny Posts: 9
    Options
    Check out Hungry Girl's website... she has a gazillion recipes using these bad boys!
  • eimaj5575
    eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Yeah they are gross, good luck
  • awinner_au
    awinner_au Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have this as a quick lunch, which happens to turn out to be most days.

200g shiratake noodles.. Dry fry and put aside.

100g Hard Tofu cubed, add 1 tsp olive oil to a non stick fry pan and add the tofu, when the tofu has browned up fry an egg in the same pan wiht the tofu to one side. scramble the egg. Add 100g of snow peas when the egg is done mix it all about . Now add the noodles to one side to reaheat and add a tablespoon of teriyaki sauce and make sure the noodles get nicely coated. Mix it all up.

Thats it. Empty the contents of your fry pan into a bowl and tuck in!

Takes me 15 mins from start to finish to make this.

As a variation (when i run out of snow peas) i add 100g of frozen broadbeans to the mix instead. Just defrost the broad beans buy placing in a small bowl of water and microwaving for a minute.
  • awinner_au
    awinner_au Posts: 249 Member
    Options

The smell bad out the packet but washed and dry fried, IMO they just taste like the sauce you add to them.
  • RebeccaP1972
    RebeccaP1972 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas
  • hallo_spacedog
    hallo_spacedog Posts: 40 Member
    Options

The smell bad out the packet but washed and dry fried, IMO they just taste like the sauce you add to them.

For best results it's good to parboil them like 2-3 mins before using, that will take some of that smell off.

I use a lot of konnyaku which is basically a block of gelatin substance made from the same stuff as shirataki noodles. I like to stir fry in sesame oil for a while until they get kind of browned on either side then pour in soy sauce, mirin, sugar etc, cook down until its thick and well coated, then top with red pepper and sesame seed.
  • Stopin_da_yoyo
    Stopin_da_yoyo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I will definitely try those out. I tried to dry fry and then use t hhh em like ramen... it worked but took toooo many chicken bullion cubes ti get the right flavor. So combined with that and some kimchi I made....u can see that my sodium intake was sky high....I now know I can modify it to where its edible .....im kust going to use it as a biweekly for myself. Thanks again.
  • Janautical
    Janautical Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    When I used to do keto I would dry panfry them until they weren't as slimy (after washing them thoroughly of course), add a little garlic powder, and then add home made no-sugar alfredo sauce with chicken and broccoli. Eventually I found that the shirataki noodles were just filler and instead decided to forgo them in favor of extra broccoli.