Anyone in the DC area?

Options
I'm a 27 year old woman in the DC area with about 80 more pounds to my goal. Anyone in the DC area (men or women!) on a similar weight loss journey who might want to meet up, work out together, or at least chat? Don't know many people in the area yet, and none of my friends struggle with their weight like I do. Would be nice to have someone to go through the process with!

Replies

• polkadotsandspiders
    Options
    Hi! I'm not in the immediate DC area but I used to live there and now live not too far away. I still make it over to DC fairly often to visit family and friends. I would definitely be up for meeting sometime when I'm in the area. I love hiking in Prince William Forest, not sure which area of DC you're in? I also love Roosevelt Island closer to DC and up in MD Sugarloaf mtn.
  • quarkenstein
    quarkenstein Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    A bit outside DC, but I'm there!
  • tennisgirl444
    tennisgirl444 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

I'm in the suburbs of MD. I've made it to Great Falls Park but not the other places you mentioned, polkadotsands. I'm adding them to my list of places to go as we speak :-).
  • beachgirl613
    beachgirl613 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm in the DC area too!

I'm in Gainesville but work in Annandale. Feel free to add me.
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I live in Frederick MD, but visit DC often. Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I'm in Fairfax, VA but work in DC by Farragut Square.

Feel free to add me - just include a note please so I know you're not just some random creeper :)
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm in southern MD, but work in DC. :) Good luck on your fitness journey! :flowerforyou:
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I am also in Frederick...feel free to add me! How great us the weather here today?:happy:
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Also, please add a note with your request as another post asked. Thanks!
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    I'm just outside of DC in Rockville, Maryland. I like to hike a lot in the surrounding areas.

Anybody feel free to add me if they would like. I always enjoy meeting new people.
  • tennisgirl444
    tennisgirl444 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Loving how many people are in the area! I added you guys- looking forward to possibly chatting and meeting up with some of you!! I'd love to go out hiking and things like that in the area, but I'm unmotivated to do it by myself :-).
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Gaithersburg but moving to Bristow/Manassas/Gainseville area soon. Friend me! I like seeing locals on my news feed.
    If you're from those locations in VA, PM me so I can pick your brain about where to find a house and junk.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I live in Arlington, VA and work in Falls Church, VA currently. So I'm just right outside DC
  • katlala84
    katlala84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I work in Dupont in DC, but live in Rockville MD, would love some new MFP friends. And yes, what an amazing day here today weather wise!
  • __Bad_Leroy
    __Bad_Leroy Posts: 242
    Options
    Live in Rockville; work in Tyson's. Always up for more local friends. All please feel free to add me.
  • luzdelua
    luzdelua Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm from Foggy Bottom! Feel free to add me! :)
  • bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I live in Falls Church. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I am. Near Adelphi which is right next to College Park. Feel free to add me.

Looking for a lifting partner as well so hey if anyone's nearby maybe we can work out sometime.
  • BearsinHats
    BearsinHats Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm in DC (and started a post identical to this recently!). I love to do weekend excursions and I rock climb at Earthtreks in Rockville :)
  • WardGuitar
    WardGuitar Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

I'm in Northern VA (Prince William Co.)

Feel free to add me - I'm new to the site