Is It Just me or...

Options
Mapanggulo
Mapanggulo Posts: 185 Member
is it just plain wrong to log on to MFP and see ads for food from Buffalo Wild Wings?? :sad:

Maybe its MFP's master plan to keep us all around here longer.... :laugh:

Replies

• johnprimeaux
    johnprimeaux Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Man - that's just wrong - I totally agree with you. Three things draw men to BWW: wings, sports, and beer. Ads on MFP is just contrary to the direction we are SUPPOSED to be taking!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Jokes on you.... the site doesn't generate the ads- the ads come from your search history and patterns. Everyone's ads are different.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Jokes on you.... the site doesn't generate the ads- the ads come from your search history and patterns. Everyone's ads are different.

That is only partially true. Not all ads are based on search history. Some are, while others may be about the topic you are reading/posting about.
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    It is mostly based off of your search engine. I have NEVER seen a BWW or any other fast food, crap food as advertisements. Most of mine are Kroger or car insurance lol.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

That is only partially true. Not all ads are based on search history. Some are, while others may be about the topic you are reading/posting about.

^ This
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    u can eat BWW or anything and still lose weight. its called moderation.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone still have ads these days? Block those things.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    wait....whats wrong with food from that place?
  • Mapanggulo
    Options
    LoL...nothing, just can't eat as many wings as I used to :D

Their "Ghost Pepper" Sauce is frikkin hellish hot!!!!!
  • Mapanggulo
    Options
    As for the ads being from my search history and patterns, like said...only partially true. I knew that before posting btw.
    I think it also interprets what it thinks you want to look at since I see T-mobile and new car ads alot...I haven't looked at either on this computer at all. It also ignores stuff...or else my ads would be more music and guns related.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I think many of these ads are based on searches on our computer, kind of what the Facebook controversy is about. I remember searching for some hotels in San Antonio and lo and behold, I was getting hotel ads for SA for the next 2 weeks.
  • JovanValor
    JovanValor Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    do you run outdoors
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    do you run outdoors

Yes, I do. I only do treadmill for a good power walk on days when my knees are bothering me. But I prefer the outdoors, love it.
  • emilyb117
    emilyb117 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I actually live in Buffalo, so there are ads for wings EVERYWHERE. And I still eat them sometimes, because it is impossible to not have wings in your diet in Buffalo. Everything in moderation! (or sometimes not, when I eat like 5,000 wings at a time)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Be strong ....... it's no different than reading threads & seeing pix of members' greatest food loves :drinker: