Feeling better about minimal weightloss!

Options
So I've been kinda down about not losing any real weight for the last 2 months, but today I did my day 28 measurements for p90x and I've lost 8 inches over my bust, waist and hips! I'm only down 1lb and I was really not happy but this really makes up for it! I lost 2 1/4" from my bust, 4 1/4" from my waist and 1 1/2 from my hips. I did gain inches on my arms and legs which is not exactly what I was going for but I've always been able to gain muscle mass quickly so I'm chalking it up to that. Hopefully eventually they'll go down too. For now I'm happy and looking forward to day 56 and 90!

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! that's a huge inch loss. Think of calories your body burns now just to stay alive with that muscle mass. I'm on week 3 of p90x and have seen the same thing. Only 1 lb down but inches are melting away. :) Keep up the awesome work. :)
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Wow 4 + inches off the waist is great!
  • alyssa83202
    Options
    Great job! It's better to be losing inches but not pounds than pounds but not inches! I'm sure you are looking great!
  • luvamig
    luvamig Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Alright I give in, how much is P90X?
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options

LOL...no idea but you made me smile!

And...to OP, you must look awesome! congratulations!
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options

Compared to a gym membership it's pretty affordable. You can go to the "Beach Body" website here:
    http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/p90x.do
  • claire0928
    claire0928 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! And I found p90 on craigslist for 75 so you could check there. Definitely a good investment plus you do need to have hand weights or bands and a mat.
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    That is really awesome!! Congratulations:drinker:
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I read your post. I'm at snails pace with weight loss, but I havnt measured since I started regular strength training. I'll measure tomorrow. Maybe things have changed:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!