Not new to the site, but new to the community!

Options
Hi everyone!
My name is Sammie or Sam or Samantha if you like. I'm a little under 5'6" and started changing my lifestyle when I weighed about 212 pounds. Since then I have lost 20 pounds and now weigh about 190. It's a great start but I'm still looking to lose anywhere from 50-70 more pounds. I could really use some sort of support group that I can look to for motivation, and even some friendly competition ;). Please share your story and let me know if you're interested!!

Replies

• msncush
    msncush Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Sammie,
    I am 5'5" and my first goal is to lose 50 pounds.
    Already down 10 pounds.
    After that will look and see how I feel and look.
    Am engaged, bought my wedding dress, just a little summer dress and have it hanging up for motivation.
    it doesn't even slip on anywhere. That is my motivation. I see it everyday and it's so pretty.
    I have 2 little crystal bowls with pretty clear and red stones in them. One bowl had 50 stones and now it's 40 in one and 10 in the other.
    I get motivated by visuals.
    What is your motivation?
    Bubbles
  • sammiemccoy
    Options
    Wow, congratulations! You've got a lucky guy :) I guess what motivates me the most is getting "the look". The one that says "wow she got hot". I can't wait to see my ex and show him what he's missing, and have random strangers look at me and see a beautiful person rather than a heavy person. I also am extremely competitive and I play volleyball and jump/throw in track&field for my college and I want to be the best athlete I can be. I really like that stone idea. Maybe I'll do the same with money, and then after I lose all the weight, use the money to go buy a cute little dress or something
  • merissa_258
    merissa_258 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Sammie My name is Merissa I am 5'5 and weigh 210 pounds I'm wanting to lose about 60 pounds I just started so I'll be happy with 5 pounds then move on from there. Congrats on your 20 pound loss!:smile:
  • sammiemccoy
    Options
    Hi Sammie My name is Merissa I am 5'5 and weigh 210 pounds I'm wanting to lose about 60 pounds I just stared so I'll be happy with 5 pounds then move on from there. Congrats on your 20 pound loss!:smile:

Hi Merissa!!! You're my first friend on here :) and it sounds like you and I are in the same boat! We should definitely use eachother as motivation :)
  • merissa_258
    merissa_258 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That sounds great! :smile:
  • MyTurn2BHappy
    MyTurn2BHappy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same vicinity with weight as you. Feel free to add me :)