Protein supplement

vicky_2289
vicky_2289 Posts: 1 Member
I was just wondering is it possible to loose weight without protein supplement if I run everyday for 45 minutes?

Replies

• Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Supplement like a shake or a bar? I run that and I don't drink protein shakes.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Ummm....yes. Kind of a strange question.
  • lovekohl
    lovekohl Posts: 111 Member
    From what I understand protein supplements are primarily for building muscle and/or hanging on to lean body mass. If your main goal is to lose weight, you just need to eat at a calorie deficit. Using a protein supplement should not hinder weight loss as long as you stay under your calorie goal.
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    No wonder the supplement industry is doing well if people are questioning whether it's even possible to lose weight without a protein supplement.
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Shake or no shake
    Run or no run
    If you are still in a calorie surplus, you will not lose weight

Eat at a calorie deficit = lose weight
    Run (or whatever exercise you want) for strong body/physique
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Ummm....yes. Kind of a strange question.

agreed.

OP did someone tell you that you need more protein to lose weight?

ETA: cals in < cals out = weight loss
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Protein supplements are not for weight loss, they're for adding more protein to your diet.

You lose weight by being in a calorie deficit ( eating fewer calories than your body burns in a day ).
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    From what I understand protein supplements are primarily for building muscle and/or hanging on to lean body mass. If your main goal is to lose weight, you just need to eat at a calorie deficit. Using a protein supplement should not hinder weight loss as long as you stay under your calorie goal.

Protein supplements are to help one meet their protein macro. It's perfectly possible to get enough protein intake from other food sources and are by no means necessary in order to lose weight.