Shakeology or other protien shakes

Options
ajp1999
ajp1999 Posts: 7 Member
Hi All,

I recently tried Shakeology, and I actually love the taste of the chocolate vegan flavor. Obviously the product is expensive and I really can't afford to keep purchasing the product . Any advise from you all on other protein shakes that test really good?? I can't seem to find a shake that is affordable AND that tastes good. I also bought this Evolution banana/strawberry protein powder and it is awful. I'm a clean eater but sometimes I get lazy and don't like to prepare meals so i tend to turn to a protein shake!

Your thoughts would be appreciated on any shakes you may have tried. Thank you!

Replies

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I've heard quite a few people who enjoy Raw protein powder. I use cellucor, myself. Their cinnamon swirl tastes kind of like cinnamon toast crunch ♡ especially in milk! A tub lasts me forever but then again, I only use it maybe once a week. My protein go tos are greek yogurt, cottage cheese, and chicken
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Trutein by Body Nutrition is really good. about $50 for a 4lb tub, I think. Really great flavors, no fillers, good quality.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I love Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl - cinnamon toast crunch in a cup.
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I like the taste of GNC Lean Chocolate Peanut Butter (mixed with almond milk and blended with my immersion blender it tastes a lot like a Frosty - yum).

This summer I'm using the Orange Creamsicle flavor Core Vantage from Complete Nutrition. Also mixed with almond milk it is yummy and refreshing.

At lest - I like these. Each with 25 grams of protein, I have liked them for breakfast.
  • acollis1
    acollis1 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I use Biochem whey isolate. It's clean and uses just the right amount of stevia so it doesn't leave that nasty after taste, pretty affordable at the vitamin shoppe :) I tried the GNC lean products they tast good but they have sucrose and are not "clean" . I've tried several too looking for the perfect one, so far Biochem's the winner!
  • lpanourgias
    lpanourgias Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I personally LOVE shakeology. It has been a game changer for me. But before that I used Beverly International as a protein shake (its not a meal replacement though) and I loved it!
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I have used GNC Total Lean shakes with 25 grams protein. They taste awesome and even better with some fruit added.
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is VERY cheap if you buy the bigger size. I have the Vanilla Ice Cream flavor every day for breakfast mixed with a banana, some ice, and a little milk - it's delicious. $58 on Amazon for 74 servings.
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I like the taste of GNC Lean Chocolate Peanut Butter (mixed with almond milk and blended with my immersion blender it tastes a lot like a Frosty - yum).

This summer I'm using the Orange Creamsicle flavor Core Vantage from Complete Nutrition. Also mixed with almond milk it is yummy and refreshing.

At lest - I like these. Each with 25 grams of protein, I have liked them for breakfast.

http://www.amazon.com/GNC-Total-Chocolate-Peanut-Butter/dp/B007TIVQ6I/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1405611550&sr=8-8&keywords=gnc+lean+shake

Is this a good price?
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Is this a good price?

I didn't fiddle with the link but I buy from GNC often. Sign up for the gold membership to get discounts and you get an extra discount just for signing up which pays for the membership fee. The Lean 25 Shakes are usually $38ish with the gold member discount and the second one is 50% off. They will run specials once a month or so and I have gotten them as low as $25. The shakes come with a $5 coupon to use next time but the on-line order system doesn't accept the coupon for some reason so maybe by at the store with the coupon.