Have fluid on the side of my knee... help??

Options
So I Have a good sized posket of fluid onthe side of my knee that pushes out when I bend it. It is quite squishy when I push on it. I do have some stiffness with the knee now also. I am very bummed because I ahve been working so had at my weight loss and at excercising.

Can anyone give me some suggestions on what to do... I did buy a knee brace and have been using it. Should I keep working out to my normal ruetine and see how it goes, or should I take a break... or other suggestions..

Replies

• PediNurse67
    PediNurse67 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You should see a doctor, it may need to be drained.
  • daniellemarieme
    Options
    I would go see a knee doctor. I had the same problem. I was also in a lot of pain. If you are in pain, once they drain it out the pain seems to get lower and lower.
  • Granny2000
    Options
    I had the same problem , only mine was behind my knee and very painful, I took a break from the one machine that was stressing my knees and that has resolved the problem.
  • _Jessica_
    _Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Wierd thing is, is that I am not using weights just doing the biggest loser game. I am very discuraged about this. But i am going to do some yoga tonight inplace of what I was doing, to keep active but not as intense. maybe do the work out, but drop it down to light instead of difficult.