Cooking in bulk recipes?!

Options
j4nash
j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
I eat about 2-3lbs of meat a day and cook for meals for a few days in advance. Anyone have any easy recipes that can be made in bulk? I have a good meatloaf, salmon cakes, and chicken recipes. Would appreciate more! Thanks!

Replies

• MissMissle
    MissMissle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Well I eat more like 2-3 ounces of meat a meal lol, but I make my meals in advace too. I do a "sloppy joe" which is
    - Ground turkey
    - Red pepper, green pepper
    - Red onion
    - Garlic cloves
    - Can Diced tomato
    - Cup of tomato sauce
    I cook the veggies in EVO for a bit then add the turkey - when everything is done I add ther tomatos and sauce and let it simmer for a bit. It lasts all week and I serve it on a piece of crusty bread.

I also use ground turkey to make "taco salad" in advace - just plain old ground turney, taco seasoning, throw it on lettuce with some tomatos and maybe some seasoned greek yogurt in place of sour creme.

Theres also this crockpot thing .... layer of slices sweet potato, layer of seasoned ground turkey, layer of sliced sweet potato, layer of turkey, crack a couple beat eggs over it to fill in the cracks, cook, and serve like a lasagna...
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    2-3 pounds of protein a day? im lucky if i get at least 8 ounces to a pound.

I think I have some recipes to share...let me look in my secret stash!
  • mlanders22
    mlanders22 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Check out onceamonthmeals dot com
    I use lots of those recipes for batch cooking.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options

hmmm i may start checking that out for batch cooking and plan ahead meals.
  • j4nash
    Options

very cool! do you have any recipes that you like you could share? thank you!
  • mlanders22
    mlanders22 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Some favorites:
    Mexican Sweet Potato Skins
    Homemade pizza rolls (fun for snacks)
    Coconut crusted chicken strips
    Paleo slow cooker breakfast casserole

I use the kid-friendly section for recipes for my daughter as well.
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I make what I call "Protein Bomb" stuffed peppers.

Cook 1/4 cup of quinoa according to package directions and let it cool (I used Trader Joe's white quinoa).

Cut the tops off of five sweet red peppers. The ones I used when I made it last time came out to 884 grams. Trim any useable pieces of pepper off the stem and chop them up.

In a bowl, combine:
    24 oz. ground turkey (I used 93% lean Butterball brand. 24 oz. was 1/4 of the pack I got at Costco)
    the cooled quinoa
    the chopped pepper pieces leftover from the stems
    4-5 cloves of garlic, minced
    1/4 cup of reduced fat mozzarella (I used Giant brand. It would also be good with parmesan or romano)
    about 3 teaspoons of dried oregano
    some black pepper

Mix the filling well, then put it in the peppers. Top with a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (I used Wegmans pomodoro) or about 5 cups of homemade sauce and bake (covered) for an hour or until the meat is cooked all the way through.

1 whole pepper with sauce came out to 485 calories, 44g carbs, 19g fat, and 38g protein. I plan to make a big batch of these before the school year starts and freeze them because they freeze and reheat really well.
  • j4nash
    Options
    thank you all!