I need some buddies! :)

Options
Hey, all. I'm a 23 (almost 24) year old from New Hampshire. I've used this site in the past and have lost weight. Unfortunately, after every time I hit about 15 lb.s down I stop...? So here I am. Trying to try. Permanently. It's been six months since my last go at it.

I would love to have some positive friends. I'm working out and eating right to battle my depression and my propensity for binge eating. (Fear not, I have never purged). Losing weight while I try to fix my brain is just a huge plus. (Or minus, technically) :p

Please, no one with eating disorders or thigh gap obsessions. I'm looking for happy friends! :)

Replies

• pancakemix16
    pancakemix16 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for new friends. I'm trying to stay motivated with my workouts. I have also been on MFP for awhile. Feel free to add me
  • sensitivefool
    sensitivefool Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I will! Thank you. :)
  • CraiggyBear
    CraiggyBear Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey! Go you, that's a fantastic attitude! I'm approaching that 15 lb mark now and hoping things don't slow down...!

Feel free to add me, and the best of luck this time :)
  • sportychic87
    sportychic87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi! Sent you a request to add me. :-)
  • sensitivefool
    Options
    Thank you! And nice work! :)
  • sensitivefool
    Options
    Hi! Sent you a request to add me. :-)

Added you! Thanks! :)
  • bananaspleen
    Options
    Welcome back, then :) I'm new, I'm on this site just from yesterday and I haven't really understood how it works yet. I'm from Italy and I'm 19, I just want to use this site to get good tips to workout, eat healthy and organic. I'm interested in loosing a few pounds, but I mostly want to stay healthy and motivated (I'm a bit too lazy :P). If someone wants to add me, please do it! :)
    I think that at 24 you are mature enough and still young enough to reach any of your aims, you just need time and to stay positive and motivated. Sharing experiences (both good and bad) is definitely useful for this, especially against depression.
    Sorry for my bad English!
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Hey, all. I'm a 23 (almost 24) year old from New Hampshire. I've used this site in the past and have lost weight. Unfortunately, after every time I hit about 15 lb.s down I stop...? So here I am. Trying to try. Permanently. It's been six months since my last go at it.

I would love to have some positive friends. I'm working out and eating right to battle my depression and my propensity for binge eating. (Fear not, I have never purged). Losing weight while I try to fix my brain is just a huge plus. (Or minus, technically) :p

Please, no one with eating disorders or thigh gap obsessions. I'm looking for happy friends! :)

I'm 50, and just over 200 lbs, so might not be a demographic match for your weight-loss needs.

But--my thigh-gap obsession is finding the lunatic who invented the concept and turning embarrassing photos of his (I'm thinking it is a *man* in the fashion industry) worst physical features into a meme.

Joking, of course, but it does make a nice fantasy, right?

As for depression, if you haven't been checked out by a doc yet do get checked to rule out physical disorders that can mimic depression, or get antidepressants if your symptoms warrant it. Meanwhile exercise and sun exposure help some people put a dent in their lack of energy.
  • luzdelua
    luzdelua Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm 21 and have lost 25 pounds. I've been where you are right now. If you'd like to be friends, feel free to add me! I log in every day and exercise 5 days a week.
  • Mrssammerlotte
    Mrssammerlotte Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I could use some friends also. I am 28 from Rhode Island. I have quite a bit to go, and I have a bad habit of giving up. But I am doing it this time. For my family and for myself. I am sending you a request!
  • emilyb117
    emilyb117 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 22 and just started my journey. Previously I have lost 20 pounds but gained it back, now I am changing my lifestyle for good and will lose the weight. I lost a couple pounds recently and am excited for more!
    Add me and we can check in with each other from time to time to help keep on track :)
  • suprangela79
    suprangela79 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too...I'm always looking for positive people!
  • Roughgalaxy
    Roughgalaxy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    More than welcome to toss me an invite. :)
  • dm423
    dm423 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello! I could use some friends as well...my busy life after marriage left me with hardly any time for myself and I gained 40 pounds in 2 years without even noticing it. I want to take charge before it is too late and lose all the extra weight. I know it is going to be tough and a long journey.
    I am hoping shouting it out loud will help me stay on track. I intend to post my progress regularly and hope to get motivation and support from the group. I hope I will be able to give some motivation along the way.

Good Luck to everyone in the group!!!
  • joe15922
    joe15922 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    new to Vivofit 2 days and im hooked just wanted to join and see what others are doing and give and get support
    53 year old male from jersey shore looking forward to new friends with same intrest
  • sensitivefool
    Options
    You guys are all so wonderful! Thanks a ton! :)
  • HappyHanni
    Options
    I feel like we are a lot alike! I am in need of some happy friends, too! Somewhat new to MFP, ready to get things rolling! Thanks! :)
  • Runfastkiki
    Options
    I do the same thing too! Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • Runfastkiki
    Options
    If you need buddies too feel free to add me too!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    hi all...anyone can add if they wish...im always willing to make a new friend!!