Iced tea Recipes??

Options
xrachel2014
xrachel2014 Posts: 18 Member
I was wondering if anyone had any nice, refreshing iced tea recipes!
Us Brits dont tend to jump on the iced tea bandwagon as much our North American friends so wanted to see if anyone had some good suggestions. Whenever I head over to Canada (brother lives there!) I always take advantage!!

:)

Replies

• FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I just refrigerate black tea and poor over ice
  • KaBoomKaBoom
    Options
    Fruit and herbal teas are the best ones to do cold, as they're usually sweeter than normal. I used to work at Whittard of Chelsea who do some amazing Iced Tea over the summer and have some cool equipment to go with it too. On the plus side, fruit and herbal teas have no caffeine or added sugar so can be much better for you than other stuff you can get. If you live near one you should go in, or check out their website!
    Their 'Very Berry Burst' is the best, incredibly refreshing to have cold in this weather!
  • jenniferchew2012
    jenniferchew2012 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I brew up some Tetleys Black and Green Tea and steep with a few mint leaves......I make this by the pitcher full and it's so refressing!
  • chocolateandbutterscotch
    Options
    2-3 bags of Earl Grey and 2-3 bags of peach tea (depending on how strong you like the taste) 1 or more splenda packets and water.
    boil 2 quarts of water, take off heat, add tea and splenda. Steep and cool. Enjoy with ice.

This is great iced tea. :)
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Similar to pp, I steep a couple bags of strong black tea with a couple bags of herbal or green. Pour over a big pitcher of ice water and add a dropped full of stevia. It's a mainstay in the summer.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Get a glass drink canister (they usually sell them here in the States) or pitcher, but it needs to be glass only. So you fill that up about 3/4 with water, ours usually is like a gallon size. Get your most favorite tea bags and put like 8-10 in the glass and cover. Take that glass container outside and place it in the direct sun for a few hours. The sun will warm the water and brew the tea, every once in a while you have to shake or stir or steepen the tea bags. After the tea has brewed, add your sugars (if you want it sweet) or Stevia (which is what I use) to taste, then put that baby back in the fridge and chill. Later when you serve it on ice, in a glass of course, add an orange slice, a lemon slice, and a lime slice and sit outside and enjoy summer!!!
  • alyshiasaunt
    alyshiasaunt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Liana this is the best ice tea...I have been doing this for years.! along with my family, I add the lemon to the water while it is in the sun. or limes...thank you for sharing.!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I fill up a gallon plastic jug with filtered tap water, add 4 "family sized" tea bags and throw it in the fridge. A few hours later, it's iced tea. I just leave the bags in until I wash the container.

I buy the teabags in bulk here: http://www.amazon.com/Luzianne-Specially-Blended-Family-48-Count/dp/B002ZOIKMY/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405632615&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=lauizianne+tea
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Liana this is the best ice tea...I have been doing this for years.! along with my family, I add the lemon to the water while it is in the sun. or limes...thank you for sharing.!

Sun made tea is the BEST!!!
  • Ludka13
    Ludka13 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I love iced green tea with lemon. Brew it double strength and chill, add ice and lemon wedges.

You can brew it in the fridge overnight too. Double strength, put the teabags in a pitcher of water, stick it in the fridge. Remove the tea bags in the morning.