Do you have a workout song that really gets you going?

Options
Im more of a classic rock kinda girl but when im working out, I like have these pumping on my mp3. I find I can put in the extra effort, push a little harder, step it up a little faster or do one more set :happy:

* Work B---h by Brittany Spears
* Cant Believe it - by Flo Rida
* Crazy - Pitbull

What are yours?

Replies

• MrsKGrady
    MrsKGrady Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have so many...lol! I'm such a musical theatre nerd so I like listening to things like Defying Gravity (Wicked), Being Alive (Company) and One Day More (Les Miserables) when I work out. On the more contemporary side, I use Pharrell's Happy to put some pep in my step. I also like Evanescence's Bring Me To Life. If I'm not listening to these songs, I've got it tuned to the 80s or I'm listening to Bowie. I like to have fun when I'm working out so I don't have any really intense music on my playlist.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    If you have a smartphone with 3G/wifi access when working out (wifi is preferred so this won't use all of your data)... download the FratMusic app. Pick one of the categories and try out a few playlists. No commercials, crazy variety of loud workout music (think... what you'd hear in a club lol). I use it at the gym. Saves me from the monotony of one playlist all the time.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    My newest one is going to be Dead Mau5's new one, Seeya :)
  • veganstephanie
    veganstephanie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    turn down for what during my zumba class. the whole song is squats so I have to have something getting me going.
  • Tryxxie2013
    Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I have so many...lol! I'm such a musical theatre nerd so I like listening to things like Defying Gravity (Wicked), Being Alive (Company) and One Day More (Les Miserables) when I work out. On the more contemporary side, I use Pharrell's Happy to put some pep in my step. I also like Evanescence's Bring Me To Life. If I'm not listening to these songs, I've got it tuned to the 80s or I'm listening to Bowie. I like to have fun when I'm working out so I don't have any really intense music on my playlist.

How absolutely fantastic...I never thought of Defying Gravity & One Day More as work out songs...but I totally see it. I'll have to try that.

As for the stuff I already have that really gets to me;

Turn Around, Pt. 2 - Flo Rida & Pitbull
    Kill the DJ - Green Day
    Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO
    Sexy & I know it - LMFAO
    Bounce with Me - Kreesha Turner
    Cowboy Casanova - Carrie Underwood (Fisher)
    Gonna Make You Sweat - C+C Music Factory
    Come Out & Play - The Offspring
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Keep the car running by the Goo GOo dolls
  • kimr41
    kimr41 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm a country girl, but I like Ozzy's Iron Man & Crazy Train to run.
  • fuzzysham
    fuzzysham Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Professional Griefers- deadmau5
    I just wanna F- David Guetta
    Where them girls at-David Guetta
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Spirit In The Sky :Norman Greenbaum
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Anything by Rob Zombie keeps me powering forward in the pool or on the rowing machine!
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Any song from Linkin Park, especially the whole Hybrid Theory record. They make lifting weights easier for some reason.
  • ellynor
    ellynor Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    " Blurred Lines" Robin Thicke, "Crazy Train" Ozzy, "Mambo No. 5" darn, cant think of his name.......got it, Lou Bega
  • matgh124
    matgh124 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    "Motivation" by T.I. and also "Big Picture".....
  • JulieGirl58
    JulieGirl58 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Bad Boys and Who Let The Dogs Out
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Determined by Mudvayne
  • farrellz
    farrellz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Anything by Pitbull
  • Alanakrahenbil
    Alanakrahenbil Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Turn down for what-Dj snake/lil john
    love runs out-onerepublic
    Anything by pitbull
    Around the world-Daft punk
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    Anything by

Breaking Benjamin
    Theory of a Deadman
    ShineDown

The faster the music the better
  • Awesomers
    Awesomers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Janelle Monae - Dance Apocalyptic (also Tightrope and the list goes on - I love her!)
    B.o.B. - Beast Mode
    Bassnectar + Angel Haze - Freestyle
    Tech N9ne - Imma Tell
    Rudimental + John Newman - Not Giving In

I could go on forever.
  • jasonctyler
    Options
    Depends on my mood, but there is something a bit weird I do if I'm ever feeling blah or like I need a bigger challenge.

I usually video tape my workouts so I can watch my form later and take notes for improvement, well I threw Headstrong by Trapt onto one of the videos where I did particularly well that day... I'll set up my equipment in front of the TV downstairs and try to beat myself in a time attack fashion pushing for one or two more reps extra per set during the workout. Get's me pretty pumped, and as they say in weightlifting, it's just you against yourself. Again, I know I'm weird... but it works for me.