How often do you go to the gym?

Options
How often do you go to the gym, and how long are you there for?

Replies

• kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I work out almost daily for at least 60-90 minutes. It isn't always at the gym if the weather is nice enough for a run....I actually have to kind of force myself to take a rest day.
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    I go EVERY day.....I don't miss. I make it a part of my daily living routine. Even if I don't do a major work out, I make sure to show up so I am there doing something that gives me my personal time with me, myself and GOD! How long? on a normal work out day I am there for 2 hours. I do 90 minutes of cardio and half an hour of strength with stretching. Then there are days like today, I did 130 minutes of cardio, and about 15 minutes of abs.
  • tiffsNEWlife
    Options
    I work out everyday, but I don't go to the gym. I'm using the 30DS with Jillian Michaels. I burn about 250 calories doing it. But, when I was going to the gym it was 5 days a week for 60 minutes. The elliptical for 30 minutes then 30 minutes of weight training.
  • bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Take the kids to school Mon-Fri- so i looked for a gym that is on my way back to home- so i have no excuse not to stop :)
    So- most of the times it's 5x a week .. sometimes even 6.. depends
    How long i stay.. usually from 8:30 - till 11:30.. take about 2 different classes or just work out on my own
    or until i hit the " 1000 kcl " burned mark on my HRM- if i can get it in less than 2 hours- even better .. usually it takes me about 100-120 min to burn 1000 - ( the 3.rd hour i just use in between to socialize :) ask tips etc..
  • trixieflow
    trixieflow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    my minimum goal is 3 days a week for 60mins but i have been doing at least 4 days and throwing in a zumba class when i can!
    i don't have enough will power/self motivation (whatever) to workout on my own. i take classes - that's what works for me.
  • Larry7995
    Options
    almost every day, either or a combination of weights, Pilates, spin, stairmill, treadmill, and now they are trying to get me to try the aerobics class :) and martial arts
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    I work out almost daily for at least 60-90 minutes. It isn't always at the gym if the weather is nice enough for a run....I actually have to kind of force myself to take a rest day.

Yes I know what you mean. My rest day consists of not doing cardio but having a swim and the sauna.
  • theatr3geek
    Options
    I have a gym in my basement, so it's easy for me. So I do it every day. But my friends who actually go to a gym go 3 or 4 times a week. You have to remember, it's a lifestyle change as well as an expense! Make the most of what you paid for :)
  • GabrielMaestas
    GabrielMaestas Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie to you, I live in the gym :o) but mainly for the sake of my fitness related goals. I can run a five minute mile and bench press twenty pounds more than my body weight for 30 reps. It all depends on what you really want to accomplish :o)
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    i exercise 6 days a week but in my basement with Dvd also wear a pedometer and try to walk 10000 steps a day never wear it when working out these steps are in addition to my work out.
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I try to work out everyday, the hospital i work has a gym so i workout on my break. I also do tae bo and leslie sansone at home, and other times i set the timer and walk the stairs for 15mins, walk 3 miles to & from the stores instead of driving. I just make it apart of my lifestyle so it doesn't feel like a chore. enjoy its a lifetime process
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I go 3 times a week and spend between an hour and 2.5 hours there - the other three days I run and the last day I REST :P x
  • HW2Hottie
    HW2Hottie Posts: 100
    Options
    I go for 6 days at week and shoot for 90mins so far. Going for 120 next week. I never do more than 30 mins of strength and concentrate on cardio. I have been known to throw in a class at the gym during the week as well if it is something I want to take.