your weight and dress size

Options

Replies

• BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and currently about 190 pounds. I don't normally wear dresses. In pants or shorts, I wear 10 or 12s depending on the brand and shirts, I wear a misses large or XL depending on brand and cut.
  • Siobhan108
    Siobhan108 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 8 " and 170 lbs. I wear a 12 in jeans, a large top and 12-14 in a dress depending on the cut. I am also a senior citizen so as I have lost 100 lbs my skin does not go back like a young person. I need the extra size because of loose skin. I am according to the graphs for senior woman ( 68 yrs young, with 5 daughters) in the ideal weight range. I really don't care if I loose any more weight, even though to some of you I would be heavy. My doctor says I am fine. Good luck on your journey
  • ZhaoWei76
    ZhaoWei76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and currently JUST above 200 pounds.... I've dropped from a 26-28 down to a 22 (although they're out getting hemmed, so I can't wear them right now)....

I don't wear dresses, so that's just pants...
  • KelseyBee2014
    KelseyBee2014 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm 223.5 currently and 5'6. I wear a US 16 jeans, and comfortably 1XL-2XL shirt. I carry the majority of my weight in my stomach with smaller hips and bust but wide shoulders. I can't wait until I can wear a XL or L shirt comfortable!
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I'm 5/1.5", 120 lbs. Most jeans and pants 6 or 8, Dress size can be anywhere from a 6 to a 10 or 12 if it's fitted in the bust. I also sometimes I have to take a M in a top if it is fitted. With dresses, sometimes I have trouble zipping those last few inches across the shoulder and bust. I'm not extremely busty, but have broad back and shoulders.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    LOL...love it!! I thought the same thing!! Though I do wear some skirts....:laugh:

giggles
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    currently I am 177lbs

Dress size 14 (wedding dress fits just right)
    Pant size - 14-16 (yay for having a big butt)
    Shirt - L (boobs that is all)
  • misanthropist319
    Options
    I'm 165lbs and 5'9". I wear size 6 in pants, usually size 8 in dresses and medium or large shirts.
    Oddly enough, I wear the same sizes when I'm 140lbs.
  • dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" Weigh around 119. Depending on things like brand and material I wear anywhere from 25 to 27 in pants (or size 2 for the ones that are sized that way). Size 2 to 4 in dresses (depending on brand and shape, since I'm bottom heavy) and a small when name size rather than number.
  • emilyb117
    emilyb117 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    So this is a topic I am super interested in, because I feel like the size I wear is a bit uncommon for my weight. I am 205 currently and wear a 12. A lot of my friends weigh a lot less than me (like 170) but we share clothes. Anyone have any idea why this might be so?

I am 5"4 by the way.
  • chezzabelle82
    chezzabelle82 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and I weigh roughly 129lbs and I wear a uk size 12 bottoms in most shops (since having kids my hips have stayed big) but still have to get a 14 in some shops on top cos I haven't lost my lady humps lol
    But to be honest it's just a number the way shops are now you are rarely the same size in every shop so try not to let it rule your life as long as you feel comfortable in the clothes you are wearing it doesn't matter and no one will know ???? ????????
    (I know people who have squeezed into a smaller size just because it's a smaller size the golden size they had always wanted to be and you could tell ????)
  • jlc102980
    jlc102980 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" inches (rounding up) and 199 lbs. I am quite busty. I wear a 16/18 in dresses, a 14/16 in pants, and an XL in tops (18 in button down blouses). It should be noted that I could probably wear a XXL in some tops, but I refuse to buy anything with 2 X's in it. That's just that.
  • queenb39
    queenb39 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    224lb. size 24
  • pearlmullet
    pearlmullet Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 157 - so 11 stone 3 lbs.

I wear a 10 mostly - in pants and dresses, but occasionally an 8.
    31 waist 34 length jeans.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    When I was 165 lbs I wore a size 8, 10, 12, and 14. 10/12 fitting the best.

Now I've just had a baby and am at 186 lbs. I can wear some looser fitting dresses but I haven't even tried to go dress shopping. I want to get back to where I was first.

ETA: I'm 5'7"
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I'm 147, and I wear between a 4-8, I'm 5'3".
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and between 140/145 lb
    I got size small dresses the other day and would usually get a size 4 or the odd time a size 6.
    I have on size 4 jeans right now, however my shorts are size 4 and too big in the waist but I have muscular thighs.
  • Brittany_Ann
    Brittany_Ann Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Started at 283, down to 244.8.

I was busting out of 24s back then, but now I am easily a 20 or 22, depending on the manufacturer. I also fit into some 18s. Come a long way, but I have much more to go!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Current weight 154, 5'2" last 3 dresses purchased are size 4 and jeans a size 6, tops Small, which are kinda loose.
  • LaurenBrooke1843
    LaurenBrooke1843 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" 121lbs and a size 2. Some size 0s fit, but it really depends on the dress