Moderate eating!!

Options
Soo iv a question and it might be silly, but with a 80% clean diet and eating crappy food in "moderation" would that be once a week or a small bit every few days ? Thanks in advance:)

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    whatever fits into your plan. small bits, even every day, seems the most practical to me
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    From what I understand, most people do it on a daily basis. In other words getting most of the days calories with whole foods and leaving roughly 20% for treats.
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Most of my calories come from nutrient dense foods, then I enjoy a treat every night of whatever I want as long as it fits into my calories/macros.
  • LaurenV3636
    LaurenV3636 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Most of my calories come from nutrient dense foods, then I enjoy a treat every night of whatever I want as long as it fits into my calories/macros.

Thanks guys, yeah i was doing this but wasnt sure if i should or not, i end up eating lots of little thins but making sure im in my calorie limit for the day but i heard somebody say i should only do it once a week or so
  • aliakynes
    aliakynes Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I don't see a problem with having a few every night. Now if you were eating the box I might have another answer, hehe.

What are "thins"?
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options

Thanks guys, yeah i was doing this but wasnt sure if i should or not, i end up eating lots of little thins but making sure im in my calorie limit for the day but i heard somebody say i should only do it once a week or so

You should do whatever works for you. As long as you are reaching your goals and you're happy with how you're getting there, that's all that matters :)
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    My goal is to hit my protein and fat target, then the eating frenzy of whatever can fill the remainder of my calories.
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you. I like to try to have room for a treat every night, or some time throughout the day. Caramel ice cream is my current obsession :happy: If you have the calories for it don't make yourself miserable by avoiding it if you really want it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    most of my diet consists of whole foods (and meals prepared from such)...but I have "junk" every day. Meat your nutritional requisites and you're golden...at that point, you don't get extra credit from more broccoli.
  • fittyinthemaking
    fittyinthemaking Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    any :) i eat chocolate most days but not a lot of it, i also have pizza every friday but everything stays within my calories.
  • LambrettaVVespa
    LambrettaVVespa Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    To me, eating treats in moderation has mostly meant the portion sizes as opposed to the frequency and timing. A small serving of something not particularly healthy when there's room for it in your remaining calories, once nutritional requirements have been met, won't do much damage if it's every day or once a week.
  • sheedy17
    sheedy17 Posts: 128
    Options
    once a week for me, I dont have the will power to eat 1 or 2 cookies, I eat a row, I wouldnt have 10 chips, id eat the bag

:(
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I ate grilled tilapia, mixed greens and wild rice for dinner. And a fudge bar for dessert :) If it fits in ur eating plan, enjoy it. I eat some kind of chocolate every day and I've lost over 130 lbs so far.
  • LaurenV3636
    LaurenV3636 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much guys, i have a slight obsession with chocolate even when its not in the house its all i want till i get it lol, but il stick to what uv been doing:) thanks so much for the advice!!
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    If it's a chocolate thing, I've been getting my fix with a chocolate protein shake. They're pretty filling and taste awesome :)
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I do NOT have it every night. I'm not a half-cup-of-ice-cream/two cookies guy whatsoever. I don't moderate the volume of anything I eat, choosing to finish whenever I am satisfied with my food.

So I moderate by limiting how often I indulge in that 20%, but allowing myself to eat as much as I want when I do. Sometimes that means having it once a week, other times everyday for a week or two, but making sure that if I do that stop for awhile. This way has allowed me to enjoy my sweet treats the way I like, in the amounts that I prefer, while still being able to shift weight.