your weight and dress size

Options
13»

Replies

• shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' and 291lbs...and this is why I hate sizing:

I have a pair of jeans that are a size 20 that literally FALL OFF me.
    I bought shorts in the same brand, had to get a size 22 to get them to fit.
    In some dresses, depending on cut, I'm a 20, but I have some that are 18's that fit wonderfully. ETA: I got a designer pin up style retro fit dress a couple weeks ago. They do their sizes S, M, L, XL, 2XL, etc. In most clothes, an XL fits but is a bit snug. The dress I got? 4XL!! Ridiculous.
    I went to buy smaller jeans and the 18s barely fit. Soooo I dunno.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    5'2", 107, size 0/XS.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'm current 5'10'' and 220 (size 16w). At my thinnest, I was 147 and was a size 12. I'm a big girl so it's not really possible for me to go any smaller.
  • BearsinHats
    BearsinHats Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I weigh 178 and I'm a size 10/12
  • merfhur
    merfhur Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 155lbs and a size 12 in most shops (Topshop, ASOS, etc) but in some shops (such as Dorothy Perkins) I can fit into a 10.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I have not weighed myself since June 25, because I started my diet July 5 and I am not going to weigh myself until August. I started the diet at 121 lbs. and my goal weight is 112 (8 stone). I will still be a size 4 (USA). I am 5' 3 1/2."
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I am currently 220lbs and the last time I wore a dress I failed to check what size it was.

What size are the gowns at the dr office? Do those count? Whatever size that is its pretty big on me so I know I fit into dresses smaller than that.
  • tcamp02
    tcamp02 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4: and usually weigh around 142 and wear a size 4 or 6 depending on the brand. I exercise a lot so I've got quite a bit of muscle and my body fat is usually around 20-21%. In shirts usually a small but if it's fitted sometimes a med to make a little extra room for "the girls". I used to weigh a lot less to be this size but now I tend to weigh more to be the same size due to the muscle.
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 6, I weight 220 lbs and I wear an XL tshirt (men's size, I guess..girly sizes I still need a 2x in some brands and a 1x in others) and at 18 (USA) in jeans.

Before I started myfitnesspal I was 275 and wore somewhere between a 20 and 22.

What's crazy is that I just bought a dress for a wedding that was a size 24. These sizes seem so arbitrary.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 167lb. I'm a size 12, but a 14 is so comfy I wear a 16. :wink: :smokin:
  • luzdelua
    luzdelua Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5 weigh 160.6 pounds and wear a size 6 US jeans and M shirts.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    13 stone 6 (188 lbs) and a UK size 16 (US 14). :) My size 16 trousers are a bit big on me, but I doubt I'd fit into a 14 yet.
  • FrancescaWebb
    FrancescaWebb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    i am 5'4", 198 lbs, and a size 16 (US)/XL. sometimes a XXL, because boobs. (38 H)
  • samuelsson
    samuelsson Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and currently 182 pounds. I was recently in a wedding and wore a US size 14 bridesmaid's dress. Most of my pants are size 12, dresses 14, and tops L/XL or 12/14. I used to be a distance swimmer and have very broad shoulders and a large flared ribcage (yay genetics!), which combined with my boobs make me large up top, but I also have muscular, dense little leggies. Ugh! =P
  • zoelawliet
    zoelawliet Posts: 51
    Options
    5'8" currently 142lbs, 10st 2lbs and size US 4-6, UK 8-10. I have a fairly small frame. (Edit: depending on the brand I can differ in between 3 sizes! It's not very reliable esp with vanity sizing these days)
  • LazerMole
    LazerMole Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and 210 lbs.

I'm a 16(US) in pants. My big butt is currently conspiring against me in moving down to a size 14.
    For tops, I can wear Large in t-shirts, but have to get XL in structured shirts because my arms are super beefy, and my boobs make the buttons on a Large peep open.
    I'm a 14/16 (US) in dresses, depending on the material and the cut. Anything that is too slim in the hip/butt doesn't work for me.

At my biggest (260 lbs), I was a size 18/1X (US)
    At my slimmest (175 lbs), I was a size 12/Medium (US)
  • mjt_94
    mjt_94 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 218. I wear L to XL shirts. Since losing weight I've become more confident so sweaters are slowing going away! :P As for pants, shorts I wear size 18. 16 are too small and 18 are a lil lose but with a belt are fine. I just don't want muffin tops. At my biggest (240 lbs) size 20 pants and 1X shirts. At my smallest (115 lbs) size 6/8 pants and S/XS shirts